04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Tkurdi said:
Thank you so much for your response. I got my passport and COPR today. :) Thank God!
I'm happy for you, good luck as well! :)
Great news! I literally spent two whole days waiting in front of the window waiting for the DHL to arrive...

Today I went to the U.S. for the day and on coming back, I made my landing!

It was a bit underwhelming to be honest :p but I sure am relieved.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kayaker said:
Great news! I literally spent two whole days waiting in front of the window waiting for the DHL to arrive...

Did you tell them you are doing "flag pole" when you got to the U.S side of the border?

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Kayaker said:

Waiting Like Penelope... for Mr. DHL Odysseus.... :)

Congratulations to the new Canadian Resident

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
O_guy said:
Did you tell them you are doing "flag pole" when you got to the U.S side of the border?
No, I didn't. I knew from the forum here that I should ask for an "administrative refusal" to turn around and flagpole, but we just went for a drive, lunch and hiking on the U.S. side. Also fill up on gas ;)

The U.S. border was pretty friendly and nice; the guy seemed ready to give me the "administrative refusal" when he saw my COPR but we said we'd take a drive into the U.S. anyway. Since I don't need a visa, I filled out one of their green cards (saying I've never been convicted of a serious offense, etc etc) and paid 6$ and he said I'll can cross the border any time for the next 3 months without paying the fee again or filling the card out.

I couldn't get a SIN number at my border crossing, so I have to go to Service Canada next week to do that. Also, to apply for OHIP!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kayaker said:
No, I didn't. I knew from the forum here that I should ask for an "administrative refusal" to turn around and flagpole, but we just went for a drive, lunch and hiking on the U.S. side. Also fill up on gas ;)

The U.S. border was pretty friendly and nice; the guy seemed ready to give me the "administrative refusal" when he saw my COPR but we said we'd take a drive into the U.S. anyway. Since I don't need a visa, I filled out one of their green cards (saying I've never been convicted of a serious offense, etc etc) and paid 6$ and he said I'll can cross the border any time for the next 3 months without paying the fee again or filling the card out.

I couldn't get a SIN number at my border crossing, so I have to go to Service Canada next week to do that. Also, to apply for OHIP!
This has been very useful information for me, thanks. I took notes of the "Administrative Refusal" and the fact that you can go into the U.S before being landed in Canada.

Did the DHL delivery person came to your door and tell you to sign for the package? Any idea how many days it was in transit?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
I searched "flagpoling" on this forum and there were lots of posts about it. Pretty useful!

Sure, if you (and your spouse) are visa exempt, there's no reason the U.S. would deny you entry. With a Canadian husband and COPR in my hand it's hardly likely I'm planning to stay in the U.S. :)

Yes, I had to sign for the DHL. It was actually not a DHL truck, but Canpar. Maybe DHL doesn't have a center out where I live in northwest Ontario. The COPR was printed on Sep 29, ecas changed to DM on Oct 1 or Oct 2, but the DHL package label says Oct 3 so it may have only been sent on Oct 3. That would mean it got here in 5 days?

I'm going to try to apply for OHIP this week. I read on the forum here that in Ontario you don't necessarily have to wait 3 months from PR.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-ohip-eligibility-info-for-all-pr-applicants-residing-in-ontario-t56695.0.html
Don't know if it'll work but I'll try.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Kayaker said:
I'm going to try to apply for OHIP this week. I read on the forum here that in Ontario you don't necessarily have to wait 3 months from PR.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-ohip-eligibility-info-for-all-pr-applicants-residing-in-ontario-t56695.0.html
you won't have a problem signing up for OHIP early, it just won't officially kick in until 3 months from the date you land, so you won't be able to use it until that date. i believe you'll need to get your SIN# first, and you'll also need proof of residence (a utilitiy bill or bank statement mailed to you at your current address or apt lease).

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kayaker said:
I searched "flagpoling" on this forum and there were lots of posts about it. Pretty useful!

Sure, if you (and your spouse) are visa exempt, there's no reason the U.S. would deny you entry. With a Canadian husband and COPR in my hand it's hardly likely I'm planning to stay in the U.S. :)

Yes, I had to sign for the DHL. It was actually not a DHL truck, but Canpar. Maybe DHL doesn't have a center out where I live in northwest Ontario. The COPR was printed on Sep 29, ecas changed to DM on Oct 1 or Oct 2, but the DHL package label says Oct 3 so it may have only been sent on Oct 3. That would mean it got here in 5 days?

Yes, I read about "flagpolling" before but not "administrative refusal". Also your timeline between when the CORP was printed to when you received it in Ontario is something I have never seen on these forums. Again, thank you very much.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
So... three trips to Ministry of Health in a day, and I got my OHIP.

The first trip - my fault, I forgot my driver's license.

Second trip - I was asked to provide Sponsorship Approval if I want OHIP to kick in earlier than 90 days after I land.

Third trip - I brought the Sponsorship Approval (stage 1 approval) letter CIC had sent my husband back in March.

I got a paper OHIP valid from today, and the plastic one is going to be mailed to me.

I'm a little confused here, as I thought basically, OHIP is from 90 days after you land, but, according to some people here on the forums, if you get a rejection in writing and appeal it in, the appeal board will contact your VO and find out when you became eligible to apply for PR and your OHIP will be valid from 90 days after that date.

Anyway I have OHIP starting today...

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kayaker said:
So... three trips to Ministry of Health in a day, and I got my OHIP.

The first trip - my fault, I forgot my driver's license.

Second trip - I was asked to provide Sponsorship Approval if I want OHIP to kick in earlier than 90 days after I land.

Third trip - I brought the Sponsorship Approval (stage 1 approval) letter CIC had sent my husband back in March.

I got a paper OHIP valid from today, and the plastic one is going to be mailed to me.

I'm a little confused here, as I thought basically, OHIP is from 90 days after you land, but, according to some people here on the forums, if you get a rejection in writing and appeal it in, the appeal board will contact your VO and find out when you became eligible to apply for PR and your OHIP will be valid from 90 days after that date.

Anyway I have OHIP starting today...
This is extremely useful information. Thank you very much for sharing. Congrats for getting OHIP just in time for the flu season.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
I've heard Inland applicants are eligible for OHIP after stage 1 approval. Never heard about Outland applicants being eligible for the same. Or did the people at the Ministry of Health get the two confused??? But then, they're the experts, not me, so who am I to say... certainly I am not going to "appeal" my OHIP demanding they take it away! :D

Hope they don't revoke (?) my OHIP after finding out I'm actually not eligible. (She did mention that they might review my case later, but that wouldn't be any time soon - in 6 months maybe, she said.) In the meanwhile, I have OHIP and the plastic card is coming in the mail.

I'm wondering if I can now cancel my travel insurance. (They refund unused months.)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kayaker said:
I've heard Inland applicants are eligible for OHIP after stage 1 approval. Never heard about Outland applicants being eligible for the same. Or did the people at the Ministry of Health get the two confused??? But then, they're the experts, not me, so who am I to say... certainly I am not going to "appeal" my OHIP demanding they take it away! :D

Hope they don't revoke (?) my OHIP after finding out I'm actually not eligible. (She did mention that they might review my case later, but that wouldn't be any time soon - in 6 months maybe, she said.) In the meanwhile, I have OHIP and the plastic card is coming in the mail.

I'm wondering if I can now cancel my travel insurance. (They refund unused months.)
Earlier you posted a link to a posting on this forum. I clicked on that link and I read one of the by-laws regarding who is considered permanent resident. I Googled that bylaw and I found this link: http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_900552_e.htm#BK0 subsection 1.4 paragraph 5 states, "Being a person who has submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada to the proper federal government authority, even if the application has not yet been approved, as long as Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that the person meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residency in Canada, and the application has not yet been denied." So from the moment your spouse is approved to sponsor you, you have become eligible.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Yes, O_guy, that's how the Ministry of Health people interpreted it...

anyway now I have my SIN, and OHIP. I can start looking for a job now :)

nozomi

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 19, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 28, 2014
Med's Done....
May 10, 2013 (extended to 2015)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17, 2014 (received Oct 23)
LANDED..........
Feb 14, 2015
I got DM!!!!!! I'm going back to Cali at the end of the month (visiting my partner in Toronto at the moment) so hopefully my COPR will be waiting for me in the mailbox! Woooohoooo!

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Cool! Good to see more people getting DM :) (too bad nobody's around to update the spreadsheet... not that it's very important I guess.)

I belatedly got my GCMS (CAIPS?) notes yesterday. Since I've already landed, they weren't particularly interesting. It just looked like they were ticking endless boxes.

We spent 3 months compiling evidence and preparing our personal statements, and in September we sent them additional evidence (since our wedding reception took place after we applied) but according to the GCMS notes, they'd already decided the relationship proof was satisfactory. (without having seen our second batch of proofs.) No remarks of any kind. I'm guessing our chat logs, skype logs, facetime logs, emails, receipts and copies of handwritten letters and cards (hundreds of pages total) went straight to the shredder. Feel bad about all the trees we felled, but we were too paranoid to omit these extra proofs. For something like this, better safe than sorry!