+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Received our test date today in the post. Letter sent dated 17 June.
Test date is 30 June for both my wife and me at Hamilton. Our dates are:

App received on : 13 Feb 2014
processing started : 24 March 2014(adults) & 16 April 2014(child)
AOR; 7 April 2014
LOT: early May 2014
Test Date: 30 june 2014

Ecas now has line 4 stating letter sent regarding test date

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Canadianese said:
Hi Osamaamany;

U were kinda worry before ur test & interview yesterday, but I hope everything went smooth my friend.

Would u please update us how it all went down?
Sorry for the delay..

We went my self and my wife at 8:00 the test supposed to be at 8:30 ..we were almost 12 person..they waited till the total number completed and then started by 8:20 checking our ID and asked us to get in to the test room which was the same oath room ..we started the test sharp at 8:30 .. The test itself was smooth and very easy for me and my wife .. We prepared very unwell since last two month ..finished the test within 10 minutes

Then waited outside with other rest people who finished the test and interview started in order who ever finished first ... The lady (the citizenship officer) kept us till end in order to interview both of us together

The positive point I saw every one was going out of the interview with a big smile ...which means every think was fine ..but for all of them the interview was not only 5 to 10 minutes as usually red in the net ..some took 15-20 minutes

Then our turn came...the lady was so nice ..she checked my file first and my PR, DL, OHIP card and passport old and new , and went through all pages and quick look to the translation ..every thing was fine till she came to my absence declared in the application ..it was short leave to maldives, she couldn't convince that I traveled all that way to spend 4 days and come back .. I tried to explain that for the last 3 years I did not travel any where and just to compensate my wife and my self after long stay we went for short leave and because we could not leave our kids for long time ..then Maldives is an island which you may not need more thann 4 - 5 night to spend ..nothing much to do except swimming and relaxing ....she then checked my wife IDs and at the end she said if she need some more information she will call us by phone ..this was some thing weird for me ..I never heard some one from citizenship office calling for asking additional information ..if they would they will send by mail an RQ...then she end it up and did not mention any thing regarding waiting an oath within 2-4 month ..she said she will reevaluate the files and she if need additional document ..she took copy for all NOA and passports ...and all CBSA report ..she told me I can not see an entry stamp in toronto airport ..I told her it was through machine reading the PR data and no one asked me to go to the passport counter..and show her my ticket boarding pass as evidence of entering toronto ..she saw a lot of document ready with me like health history record and CBSA report ...she said guys have you received a RQ before? I said no ..she said you have all the documents which could be asked on questioner ..I said I like to ready in advance ...why should I gather my documents in last moments as others do ?

One more thing she google my address and said is the house where you stay on sale ..I said no ..she said but I found it on sale inn google ..I said to the best of my knowledge I know it is not on sale ..may be the landlord is going to sell it but did not inform me ..she said he should inform you ..when I came back I asked my land lord he denied and said that was an old adv. even before I bought the house ..when I checked the net I found the adv. and when click on it it says this line is no more available..

That was in General...now what do you think guys? Is every thing is fine or I should expect RQ in couple of days ?

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
osamaamany,
thanks for a detail reply to help all of us. I pray you don't get RQ. I think your Maldives created all this conversation. Hope they have trust in all your documentation. I feel you are honest and God is with you to protect. Can you tell me what profession you are in and have you worked as full time with renounce company.

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
Hi Osamaamany,

Congrats my friend to u & ur spouse for passing the test & interview.

No need for further worry, today the darn C-24 Bill passed to be a Law officially, so ur pretty lucky, trust me :)

Hopefully you will update us soon saying "Guys I open my mail box & receive the Pink Letter" ;) ;)

Again, best of luck to u & all of us waiting.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Can someone please answer as i am getting confused. CIC received my application on February 2014. Then on April, I went for a 7-day vacation in the US and I am planning to go on another vacation in the US for 10 days on September. Do i have to inform CIC everytime i go out of Canada? As per my application, I deClared two absences - first was a 3-week vacation to my home country and second was a 7-day vacation (not in the US). How will this affect my application and my chance of getting RQ? Those times that I was out of Canada were only for short vacations. Please help. Thanks!

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
IamAlbertan

You might be done before then so do not worry right now. If you do not get your test invite next month then you can think about it but the way I see it people are starting to get test date already so you might be taking your test pretty soon. Hope for the best!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand now that we have until july 2015 to send in apps under old residency law including pre-pr count? Purolator has lost my application and I went crazy yesterday couldnt control my mentality at all at home.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
future2010 said:
IamAlbertan

You might be done before then so do not worry right now. If you do not get your test invite next month then you can think about it but the way I see it people are starting to get test date already so you might be taking your test pretty soon. Hope for the best!
Future2010, I would love to have my test next month, however, knowing how slow my local office is (Edmonton), I doubt that I will have the test this year. As per the Edmonton timeline forum, it takes 24-25 months for routine application to process. That is why I am wondering how will travel vacations affect my application? Has anyone experieced this or has any idea on this?

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will the intent to reside in canada term be applied to those who obtain citizenship before the law is applied?

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Hi,
i am going to apply very soon...for citizenship,
My question is, in the citizenship form there is question, that put all your trips,however i never
Trevelld since i landed in 2011,,,but they are asking to put 4 years trips, shell i put the trips to other countries, that i have done before landed in canada, as they are asking for last 4 years?
Tnx.

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hi everyone, I want to share my timeline below, but I'd also like to see if you have a similar experience as follows: I called cic last month and they said my file has been transferred to Scarborough. I called again today and the agent told me it has not been transferred and it takes one year before they transfer files from Sydney to local offices. Have you had a similar experience? I'd appreciate any comments.

Application received: Feb 5, 2014
Started processing: March 18, 2014
AOR received: March 31, 2014
Received line disappeared: June 13, 2014

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Mention N/A if you have not traveled in the past 4 years....no need to mentioned previous travels that happened before 4 years..

khakalove said:
Hi,
i am going to apply very soon...for citizenship,
My question is, in the citizenship form there is question, that put all your trips,however i never
Trevelld since i landed in 2011,,,but they are asking to put 4 years trips, shell i put the trips to other countries, that i have done before landed in canada, as they are asking for last 4 years?
Tnx.

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Called CIC this morning.

Agent said, from February 6th, number of people applying for citizenship have gone up.

CIC has been flooded with applications since Feb 6th.

I wonder when March guys with get Test dates ?
:-X

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
Received our test date today in the post. Letter sent dated 17 June.
Test date is 30 June for both my wife and me at Hamilton. Our dates are:

App received on : 13 Feb 2014
processing started : 24 March 2014(adults) & 16 April 2014(child)
AOR; 7 April 2014
LOT: early May 2014
Test Date: 30 june 2014

Ecas now has line 4 stating letter sent regarding test date
could you explain, even for a little bit that the reason you think your case is being processed this fast? thanks

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
u4g5 said:
could you explain, even for a little bit that the reason you think your case is being processed this fast? thanks
I can only guess like you for a possible reason for our timetable. It maybe that currently not many people have applied from the geographic area dealt with our office (this is just a pure guess as I have no idea of the numbers of applications from this or any other office). So they may have processed the application a little quicker I'm guessing.

I guess no one can say why 1 application is fast and another is slower in processing. My application was no different to anyone else. I only sent the documents requested nothing extra like some applicants.