+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
On my ecas I see 2 lines: in process and received. If I click on in process I see 2 lines:
1. we received your application...
2 we sent you the acknowledgment letter...
3 we started to process your application...

Why I am not getting line 3. Can anyone explain. does it mean my file is not been worked on

my timelines are
day 1 application send
day 2 application received
day 55 received AOR and Discover Canada book

today it is day 78 and line 3 not appearing. has anyone in same situation as me.:(

Anjuli

Jan 18, 2014
taradil said:
hello
the ecas is simple just enter your information, when it comes to identification type choose for example client id it is on your PR card front page it does not matter if you enter it 0000-0000 or 00000000 as long as you enter it rights
for the last name it is ok if you enter it like Smith or smith as you long as you enter correctly ;)
it is all the same as you did when you were checking for PR status .
just one question have you tried to contact CIC call centre 1-888-242‑2100 . they should tell you by now if your application has been received or not and when the process has started.
good luck and keep us posted

Hello friends!
Just to update you all regarding my application and timeline .
I called CIC and a very nice agent looked for my application and confirmed that they DID get it on March 3rd and started processing on April 11th.
She told me she would send me the study book online in case it gets lost on mail (It happens a lot she said) So I just saw her email with the online study book and such. :)I AM SOOO HAPPY! simply to know it is there, yay! Now , Lets the Waiting game start! Hopefully it will be a good ride...and good luck to all! May patience be with us.
Blessings,
Anjuli

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
IamAlbertan said:
As per the comments from the other forums, when the "Received" line disappears, it means your application is transferred to your local office.
I guess I got the wrong information from the comments here and in other forums, or perhaps, I misunderstood it. I just called CIC to confirm as to which local office was my application transferred to (my "Received" line has disappeared)... and this agent told me that it is still in Sydney and has not yet been transferred. And he said, it doesn't matter where my application is right now as it doesn't really affect the speed and status of my application. I am actually thinking of calling tomorrow in hope of talking to another agent who can give me a more accurate answere OR maybe I should wait a bit longer because I'm just being impatient and excited at the same time.

nadalowna

Apr 30, 2014
Hi there

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 27, 2014.

Here is my info. I talked to one of the agents and he said my paper was transferred to Vancouver office already. He also said that it was really fast for some reason. so I guess your paper should be transferred to office to be processed?
I guess you should call and talk to another agent to verify it.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
i called CIC today and a few weeks back. Both time the agents are non co-operative. first thing they ask when did I file the application. When you say this year 2014 they don't entertain much and not even ready to check their system and see the status. They give general info saying it takes upto max 36 month to process a citizenship application. Currently it is too soon to check any update...

how come many of us who filed their application in 2014 are able to get the agent give feedback. In my case 2 times I had no luck and I feel waste of time being on phone and waiting for 30-45 minutes and when the agent picks he just finishes off in 1 minute conversation.

I had my application received by cic on Feb 12, 2014. I feel disconnected and would like to know what is happening on the other end..thats why I called CIC.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, Can you please tell me how long did it take for you to gather all your documents? is 3 months a fair time?

And, did any of you had your documents returned? what are the main reasons that applications will get return? and how long after you applied you might get your document send back?

Thank you so much in advance

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi everybody.

I have sent my application on February 20th and it CIC received on the 24th of February. As of today I have not received anything, I cannot see my ecas either. I called the CIC many times and each agent gives me a different answer.

Is it possible for my application to get returned at this point? it has been close to 68 days since they received it.

Thanks..

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future2010 said:
Hi everybody.

Is it possible for my application to get returned at this point? it has been close to 68 days since they received it.
I don't think they will return which is already 68 days rather you may see ECAS update any time.. Application receiving from Feb (after imposing new fees) are moving faster. Even if they returns, that takes place in 2-3 weeks.. Wait few days..

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
Hello guys just want ask about question 6F did you provide a copy of employment record or not? And if not did they return your application? Bec. I forgot to attached my employment record, and 2 wiks upon i submit my application, they returned my application and they were only asking for school records for kids, the bad thing is i submit my application and provide only the documents that they were asking :( what do you think guys???

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
If they did not ask for it, they are not seeking it. You can relax.
There is lot of confusion around providing evidence for work record, but I have not seen on the forum anybody's application being returned for it. If they feel anything doubtful about anyone's work record, they will issue an RQ anyways.

lala80

Apr 29, 2014
ondang2 said:
Hello guys just want ask about question 6F did you provide a copy of employment record or not? And if not did they return your application? Bec. I forgot to attached my employment record, and 2 wiks upon i submit my application, they returned my application and they were only asking for school records for kids, the bad thing is i submit my application and provide only the documents that they were asking :( what do you think guys???
I had the same issue when I was completing my application and I called them and asked them what type of work record they need, and they told me that there is no mention of any work records in the guideline. I told them that I saw that, but in the form at 6f they say that we must provide copy of work and/or education records. They told me that the guideline is important, and if it's not mentioned in the guideline that means we don't need to provide anything. I replied that this is very confusing and they should remove that line from the application form.

It's really strange that I started to fill the form in the summer and back then this was not mentioned in the form, and then I noticed that they updated sometimes in Sep-Oct the form with this new requirements, which actually they don't need. Why they made this change, I have no idea, and it seems they don't either. :)

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
I just called the CIC and they confirmed my application and that they sent me the discovery book on Friday. I am happy as I thought that my application was returned as it took too long.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I just called CIC and this lady informed me that my file was transferred to Edmonton local office on March 21, 2014. However, I am just wondering, as on April 9, I received a letter from CIC Sydney confirming the name that I would like to appear in my application. How come I got a letter from Sydney and this lady told me that application was sent in Edmonton on March 21? It doesn't make sense to me. Just saying. Nevertheless, I am still thankful because my application is now in process.

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Here is my update.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 24, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on May 2, 2014.