NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 17, 2014
AOR Received.
March 14, 2014
Hello Guys,

Had a quick question, I just received my PPR yesterday. I will be sending my passport on Monday, hoping that they will receive it with a day or two. So when should i be expecting my passport back as I have to go to the USA end of this month. Also, after getting my passport can I right away go for my trip and while coming back get my landing papers? Do I have to be at the border or coming by flight from the USA will do, for getting my landing papers?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
You should get your passport back in a week or so.

Yes, you can do landing when you are coming back from USA.

All the best and congrats, welcome to Canada as a PR!

hope1987 said:
Hello Guys,

Had a quick question, I just received my PPR yesterday. I will be sending my passport on Monday, hoping that they will receive it with a day or two. So when should i be expecting my passport back as I have to go to the USA end of this month. Also, after getting my passport can I right away go for my trip and while coming back get my landing papers? Do I have to be at the border or coming by flight from the USA will do, for getting my landing papers?

hope1987

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 17, 2014
AOR Received.
March 14, 2014
Thank you my friend. My trip is at the end of the month, so in case I go to buffalo and get my landing papers first and then leave the country again from my trip, would that be ok as well or I cannot leave the country after my landing without getting my PR card?

Coz I heard that once you do landing you have to get your PR card first and only then u can leave the country, but I know if I do that I will not be able to go on my trip as it usually takes 3 to 4 weeks to get the card.

What do you think about this? :(

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
Hi Guys,

So I have done my landing today and finally became a PR !

Throughout this process, I had to be part of so many waits or threads in this forum. First I was in the thread of "Who waiting for MR after 2nd review...". Then I was in "Who waiting for PPR after medical.....". After that I went into the wait of " Who waiting for passport.....". And then finally today I did my landing and got over with this whole process.

But yet again, I still have to be part of another wait and that is "Who waiting for PR card after landing...." lol ;) :D

May you guys get done with this soon! This forum had been a great help through out the process !

It would have been a much bigger happiness if they had not changed the rules to gain the citizenship. That is going to be quite a long wait as well.
:(

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi Forum members,

I completed Landing at Niagara and finished my PR journey which started around 15 month back :)
It was full of up and downs and full of surprises :D :p :'(

Thanks to all members who helped me by valuable suggestion and never let me felt i am alone.

My experience :

Flag polling took just 2 min. US side Lady was very polite . she said today is big day in your life as you are going to become Canadian PR but still you need visa to enter in US. you can apply it easily details are available at their website :) (Although I am aware about process but whats wrong in listening if some one giving suggestion)

Well came back to Canada side . CBSA officer asked couple of Q and took our passport and yellow slip and took us to building next
My GOD what a big crowed.
My total enter and exit form building was approx 5 Hr. (When I asked officer once he said you opted for land at border instead of booking at CIC office so your priority is low also usually on weekends it is bit crowed)
He called me after 3.5 Hr and took CoPR papers and ask me to wait.

One big surprise for me was :- Officer himself corrected my Entry date in canada and last entry date in canada and informed me Sir it was wrong I Corrected it. I was shocked cause I heard from forum members they don't entertain these request (So members who think CBSA officer don't have access for all your details is wrong , infact I was also think same earlier)

Please carry some address proof as they may ask for this. (and all your Old WP copies) I was having my house agreement and bank statement showing my address.
They may ask old WP copy. In my case he said it is no more required as you are PR now . (so no more valid).

Anyway all in sort that 5 Hr. waiting was painful but worth and life changing waiting time.
we was so exited , ;D ;D and returned to Canada as PR :) So happy .
now eating and drinking time (off-course Coffee :p :p)

I wish all forum members to hear good news soon from CIC end and see most of you in Citizenship forum (may be after 3 Year) :) :)
I will be here around to help forum members with their queries from my experience. :D :D
Note: For my Surveillance undertaking , officer informed ,No action form my end now and if CIC required they will contact you. Is it true? any one please

mmanzanilla

Jan 21, 2015
CEC_1304 said:
4th line added to my ECAS status

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

:)
Hey CEC_1304. Do you know how long was between like 3 in your ECAS (application in proceess) and when you received the email saying ready for visa? just noticed my ECAS now has 3 lines saying we started processing your application on April 29.

Seems kinda late since I received AOR on March 16 2014 and they have asked me for multiple documents since then.

Thanks

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
congrats to WAKAS, and CEC 1304, good job guys.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
mmanzanilla said:
Hey CEC_1304. Do you know how long was between like 3 in your ECAS (application in proceess) and when you received the email saying ready for visa? just noticed my ECAS now has 3 lines saying we started processing your application on April 29.

Seems kinda late since I received AOR on March 16 2014 and they have asked me for multiple documents since then.

Thanks
Approx 20 days between "started processing " to "ready for Visa" email

BUT
this is not slandered rule , it may vary application to application

Hope this helps
Thanks

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
Hichaman said:
congrats to WAKAS, and CEC 1304, good job guys.
Thanks man!

mango2404

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
mango2404 said:
Finally yesterday i got a requeat from CIC New Delhi to submit passports. Submitted to VFS today.
Got my stamped passports from Delhi office yesterday. The end date for visa is 31/03/2016. That is exactly one year from my medicals assesment date. Thank one and all in this forum for their valuable suggestions and help. :) :)

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Congrats to all who received their PRs.

Anyone who applied from within canada , please do let me know how much time does it take from ecas reflecting "medical has been received" to receiving passport request / landing papers.

Another question is do people get passport request when applying within canada, one of my friend applied from within canada and just received the landing documents.

Please respond

Thanks a lot. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful. Its great!!!!!!

lenininy2k

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
TechEngg said:
Congrats to all who received their PRs.

Anyone who applied from within canada , please do let me know how much time does it take from ecas reflecting "medical has been received" to receiving passport request / landing papers.

Another question is do people get passport request when applying within canada, one of my friend applied from within canada and just received the landing documents.

Please respond

Thanks a lot. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful. Its great!!!!!!
For your first question answer is it varies by application but anytime between 2-4 weeks.
And for your second question the answer is if you're not from visa exempt country then you'll get a passport request doesn't matter where you applied from.