+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 Applications!!!

raisemyrent

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
whymeee said:
raisemyrent, you're spot on about nobody knowing how to properly convert measurements. Do you think it's a big deal if your height is off by a few centimeters on the medical form filled out by Dr?
I don't think so; it's hardly scientific. Height goes down through the day, for some people up to 1"/2.54cm. So say you are 6'/1.82m on the line, you could be measured at 5'10"/1.79m (almost 5'11") in the evening. That's quite a bit of difference for someone that could be up to 6'2"/1.87m with boots on. Always measure/weigh yourselves first thing in the morning!

I know my height and that's what I sent on my biodata. The receptionist measured me 2cm/over 3/4" shorter at that moment of the afternoon (I work sitting down all day) and that's what they'll report, so hard to say what Immigration will believe. My licence has my proper heigh on it, though (which I think matters more).

p.s. you could argue between max morning height vs effective height; effective height in my opinion should include shoes (flats ~ 2cm/3/4"). e.g. if a person robs a corner store, he/she will be perceived at a height less than their maximum in the morning, but augmented by their footwear, so more than their book height. So both theoretical measurements (morning, or afternoon by doctor, both shoeless) would be wrong. But I digress...

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC app forms request height in cm so I suggest everyone who is yet to receive bio-data sends it in the same format. :)

grishan1

Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 12, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys... If I have a smooth cold, can it affect medicals (urine, blood test) ?

squishyface

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
26-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 med's received 20-01-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-01-14
raisemyrent said:
guys, we're all almost done. chill out; it will all be over soon :D

underpants lol yeah I was examined in my ginch (there's a truly Canadian one for you) lol and then the doctor stepped out and opened the door, but by then I had already got up to get me clothes so everyone could see into my room. There were about 3 people outside of it and I think at least the Spanish speaking receptionist caught a glimpse of me lol good for her

but all joking aside, be prepared and maybe ask if that might be a sensitive thing for you

I put the height in centimetres and added the imperial version after a "/" because no one knows how to convert properly lol

to cynti, I would just send the stuff with USPS with a faster/pricier service, and wait for Canada Post to send it back to you, and skip the whole sister act. I'm not sure who told you it took longer, but USPS is actually much faster (better?) than Canada Post in every respect, and it would get to Canada as fast as you need it. The return stuff isn't bad, because once it makes it to the US, it is with USPS, not Canada post. The opposite of which is the reason, too, why US packages take so long to get to Canadians.

to the person who may have diabetes, don't worry about it. first of all, they don't require blood sugar for immigration, second, no one can tell that accurately (I had had vitamins that day and my urine, sorry, was radioactive yellow lol), so don't lose any sleep over it quite yet. Also, results need to be adjusted relative to sugar ingestion prior to the test (amount, time). So pretty irresponsible for someone to dart out a diagnosis just like that.
Underpants? do we need to take our pants off for the medical? I would request to at least have my long johns on for some dignity. :D

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
squishyface said:
Underpants? do we need to take our pants off for the medical? I would request to at least have my long johns on for some dignity. :D
Haha... Which is more important? Your health or your dignity? :D

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
eCAS status changed to "Decision Made" ... office will contact you ... bla bla ... :D

passport requested on DEC 9 and received on 11... i'm gonna assume it was logged in sys either on same day (DEC 11) or on 12 ... status changed last nite. hope for a speedy return!

good luck to all those still waiting. and happy holidays! ;D

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
CEC2013 said:
eCAS status changed to "Decision Made" ... office will contact you ... bla bla ... :D

passport requested on DEC 9 and received on 11... i'm gonna assume it was logged in sys either on same day (DEC 11) or on 12 ... status changed last nite. hope for a speedy return!

You're almost there, so the happiest of holidays to you! I'm still wondering when my ECAS will change to in process. Nitpicking, I know :D

Rao82

Feb 7, 2013
looking at all the posts was wondering about the status of my application.
Finally got some updates:

* Got my Medical request by email 9 Dec along with request for payment of RPRF.

* Completed Medicals on 11 Dec at Dr. Violet Shadd in Kitchener.
Had to got to Kitchener for a quick appointment. Most of GTA had a longer wait for appointment.

*Will be submitting Biodata by email today and also pay the RPRF fees.
Hope things move faster from now on ;D

Good luck to the rest of the folks waiting.

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
CEC2013 said:

Congratulations CEC2013!!

yorkshirelass

Nov 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
19-03-2013
Med's Request
28-11-2013
Congrats CEC2013! And yay to all those making progress with MRs etc.

Just wondering, can we check how much of our Medical data has been sent off? Just contact the Dr? Will it change in ECAS?

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
punjabi87 said:
got MR yesterday :D..... what will be the next step?
Congratulations punjabi87!! Next step would be to book a medical test appointment with a panel physician in your city of residence and get medical tests done. RPRF and bio data mail should follow. You will have to pay RPRF and send receipt of payment to cost recovery email and fill bio data and send to CPP-O. These details will be in the RPRF email that you will receive. After that wait for the passport request email from CIC. After that send in your passport for PR visa stamping. Once you get the Pp back you can perform landing to become a permanent resident. Best of luck!!

punjabi87

Mar 6, 2013
PandFeb2013 said:
Congratulations punjabi87!! Next step would be to book a medical test appointment with a panel physician in your city of residence and get medical tests done. RPRF and bio data mail should follow. You will have to pay RPRF and send receipt of payment to cost recovery email and fill bio data and send to CPP-O. These details will be in the RPRF email that you will receive. After that wait for the passport request email from CIC. After that send in your passport for PR visa stamping. Once you get the Pp back you can perform landing to become a permanent resident. Best of luck!!
thnx alot... much appreciated....i am leaving for india on 15 jan and wont be back till 25 march.....what if i receive ppr during that time? any suggestions?

p.s. i am getting married on 8th feb...should i advise cic?

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
You must inform about marriage . Your application cannot be finalized without adding your spouse. Rprf & ppr email will ask these question about marriage.

If you don't inform about marriage, you and your spouse may be denied pr.

punjabi87 said:
thnx alot... much appreciated....i am leaving for india on 15 jan and wont be back till 25 march.....what if i receive ppr during that time? any suggestions?

p.s. i am getting married on 8th feb...should i advise cic?