Med's Done....
OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
MAY 6 2011
VISA ISSUED...
in God's will..
LANDED..........
God knows what's best for us.
my hubby was supposed to pass our application last month but wasn't able to because the letter from the employer will be handed to him next week so we will pass ours on the 3rd week of this month. i think its a good idea to start the topic for feb applicants.. but i hope someone will be kind enough to do the updating.. lol! goodluck to us!

i have to tell one good news, my friend got her ppr in 2 months! i'm really hoping ours and the other thread will have a speedy process like hers! :D

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
I sit down to write this post having just said bye bye to the Fed-Ex guy that is whisking off our application from Bangkok to Mississauga. What an ordeal. I started this process last June... yes 2010. But due to business issues, family commitments here etc...etc... we just never found the time to finish it all up.

When I first started reading this forum I could not believe people talking about sending in 2 or 3 kg packages and hundreds of pictures and thousands of pages of email, chat transcripts etc, but now I understand. Having been married for four years and having two kids and two businesses and knowing my wife for the last six years it's amazing the stuff we collect over the years. I actually sent only 100 pictures as I could have just gone on and on forever so I chose a sample from each year of marriage, showing trips, family outings etc.. I feel pretty secure that everything will be fine as to me (not that I matter) its a rock solid application.

I wish everyone else a speedy POSITIVE outcome to their filed applications and we will all start the waiting game now together.

"fingers crossed"

J

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3, 2011
AOR Received.
March 9, 2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
dorisiana said:
my hubby was supposed to pass our application last month but wasn't able to because the letter from the employer will be handed to him next week so we will pass ours on the 3rd week of this month. i think its a good idea to start the topic for feb applicants.. but i hope someone will be kind enough to do the updating.. lol! goodluck to us!

i have to tell one good news, my friend got her ppr in 2 months! i'm really hoping ours and the other thread will have a speedy process like hers! :D
My wife and I submitted for mine yesterday...it should arrive in Mississauga on Monday so I am a February applier myself. Feels so good to finally have everything submitted...hopefully it goes smooth for me and everyone else!

BTW can you give the details of your friend who got it in 2 months? Never heard of that but sounds good!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I am hoping to be come part of this group. We are pretty much ready to send everything and are just finalizing pictures now.

Problem is, I have misplaced my birth certificate:( I just ordered a new one online and it may take about 4 weeks. I just want this stuff gone and sent.

I am applying inland and I know it takes forever. Does anyone know when my husband is going to get his work permit and ohip card? Does that come with 1rst stage approval?

TracyS

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
Hi, I'm also hoping to be part of this group. I've been collating for what feels like ages but am just about ready to go. I've only got about 35 photos to include as most photos were taken by either my husband or me so there are not many of us together! I'm glad to read that you sent yours by FedEx Bangkokcanuck as I was thinking about doing the same thing from here in Perth Australia but wasn't sure if it had to be posted. (Paranoia is setting in about fine details like that now ::) ) I'm waiting on 2 police clearances and my medical next week then off the package goes. I'm looking foward to reading everybody elses experiences along the way.

dorisiana

Nov 13, 2010
Laguna, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB. 28 2011
Doc's Request.
MAY 5 2011
AOR Received.
MAY 6 2011
File Transfer...
APRIL 4 2011
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
MAY 6 2011
VISA ISSUED...
in God's will..
LANDED..........
TracyS said:
Hi, I'm also hoping to be part of this group. I've been collating for what feels like ages but am just about ready to go. I've only got about 35 photos to include as most photos were taken by either my husband or me so there are not many of us together! I'm glad to read that you sent yours by FedEx Bangkokcanuck as I was thinking about doing the same thing from here in Perth Australia but wasn't sure if it had to be posted. (Paranoia is setting in about fine details like that now ::) ) I'm waiting on 2 police clearances and my medical next week then off the package goes. I'm looking foward to reading everybody elses experiences along the way.
same here! I've had a hard time finding pictures with the two of us because he was always the one that is taking the pictures and holding the camera, we only have 50 or more pictures to be passed (most are wedding pictures). GOODLUCK TO US!!

dorisiana

Nov 13, 2010
Laguna, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB. 28 2011
Doc's Request.
MAY 5 2011
AOR Received.
MAY 6 2011
File Transfer...
APRIL 4 2011
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
MAY 6 2011
VISA ISSUED...
in God's will..
LANDED..........
210045803 said:
My wife and I submitted for mine yesterday...it should arrive in Mississauga on Monday so I am a February applier myself. Feels so good to finally have everything submitted...hopefully it goes smooth for me and everyone else!

BTW can you give the details of your friend who got it in 2 months? Never heard of that but sounds good!
my friend's (actually, my sister's friend) husband passed their application on mississauga last december (1st week).. she texts me whenever they have updates on ECAS.. for a month the ecas was idle but then when she checked on the last week of january the ecas stated that they are in the Decision Made status and on feb 1 she received an email telling her that the embassy needed her passports so that they can issue the visas (for her and her son). she sent the passports yesterday. lucky, eh?! her husband used an MP, at first I thought that maybe that was the reason why the application processed so fast but she told me that she read some people are having their PPR in a month.. and the slowest is 6 months.. i don't know yet where she read it.. what i know is that is a good news for all of us!

dorisiana

Nov 13, 2010
Laguna, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB. 28 2011
Doc's Request.
MAY 5 2011
AOR Received.
MAY 6 2011
File Transfer...
APRIL 4 2011
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
MAY 6 2011
VISA ISSUED...
in God's will..
LANDED..........
angtao said:
I am hoping to be come part of this group. We are pretty much ready to send everything and are just finalizing pictures now.

Problem is, I have misplaced my birth certificate:( I just ordered a new one online and it may take about 4 weeks. I just want this stuff gone and sent.

I am applying inland and I know it takes forever. Does anyone know when my husband is going to get his work permit and ohip card? Does that come with 1rst stage approval?
hi angtao! you can ask the seniors in this forum like Leon or rjjesome.

I hope miracle will happen and your BC will be sent to you sooner so you can be one of us.. in that way we will have many people praying for everyone else's applications ;) lol! goodluck to you anyway! may i ask why are you applying inland? you can opt for outland if you wanted it faster..

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
TracyS said:
We sent about 40 pics from the wedding day as it has pics of me and my wife and then a bunch of pics of us with all sorts of family members, plus stuff like the cake with our names and date and the little gifts we gave to family again with our name and the date, etc...

the rest of the pics as has been said are not always easy to come up with as if you are real and just living your life you don't take pics with the eye to sending in this application some day. So the last two trips we took to Australia and Singapore we made sure we got lots of pics of all of us.

Just make sure if you use a courier to send your stuff you do NOT send to the PO Box address as they have nobody there to sign etc... use the full mailing address.

It is a strange feeling of relief to know that it's gone now and out of my hands.

I finished the application about two weeks ago and put it aside all packed up as it would be sent.

Then I ripped it apart as I was the clerk doing the job to see if how I had it organized made sense and if it was easy to locate everything.

Then I went through the application page by page line by line, found a couple of minor mistakes I corrected. Repacked it.

Did the whole process again the following week and found one more tiny mistake corrected it...

Now packed and gone... nothing to do now but live life, raise the kids run the businesses and wait for whatever comes our way.

lama21

Jan 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011
LANDED..........
01-06-2011
Hi to all FEB APPLICANTS..... I too will be mailing out our application this Monday on the 7th Feb 2011 finally, so I wish all of you out there good luck and my best wishes with all! Keep updating all Feb Applicants. And thanks for starting this thread it will be great help to all of us here! ;)

Tiggilicious

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-06-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
31-07-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
We sent ours off at the end of January! Recived Feb 1! :)

TracyS

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
Thanks for the tips Bangkokcanuck...very helpful. What a good idea to pack the application, leave, then check a bit later. I'll be doing that one as well now.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I too will be joining this thread, my husband should have everything ready for submission tomorrow via FedEx.

We have 4.3lbs of documents and photographs so far, he will be adding some more maybe enough to get it to an even 5lbs. :p

Good luck and speedy processing to everyone!

lepp

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
11-01-2011
Hi everyone,

We posted ours last week to the Mississauga office (from England) so it should arrive there sometime this week...fingers crossed! Such a relief to finally have it posted! Good luck to all of us February applicants!

Will keep everyone updated on the progress of our application and look forward to hearing from others as well.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
to all February 2011 applicants i wish you do not experience the same problems i have endured. My wife is still in waiting for a ppr after a year.