+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 28 - Nov 2008 CHC Islamabad applicants

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
affie_78 said:
plz find below email from CIC -Islamabad on the query of my application that was received at their end on 11th AUgust 2009.
=======================================================

Dear Client,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding immigration to Canada as a skilled worker and the current policies and procedures relating to the assessment of applicants in this category.

Federal skilled worker applications received on or after February 27, 2008 are now assessed for eligibility according to a set of instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism. More information on this is found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp.

If you applied before February 27, 2008, our office will contact you and ask you to provide the required documentation when your application is due to be processed. When we have verified your completed application, we will send you a letter to tell you what you need to do and what happens next. We are currently processing applications that our office received in 2004.

If you applied on or after February 27, 2008, you will be contacted with more information on your application. If you submitted your application and it is determined that your National Occupational Classification code does not fit into the list of occupations that qualify for the purposes of skilled worker immigration to Canada, you will be so advised in due course and your processing fee will be refunded.

Should you have an application in process at our office and decide to withdraw it and reapply (in the case of skilled workers, directly to CIU Sydney), please be aware that your application will be assessed in accordance with the Regulations in effect at the time of your new application. A new application, for processing under the current criteria, may be submitted at this time although another application submitted prior to February 27, 2008 is still in process.

You may wish to review the Frequently Asked Questions page at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/index.asp.

I trust this information will be of assistance to you.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-51-208-6914
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

thanks for sharing.

i do not understand that if the applications between feb and nov 08 not under 38 noc are to be refused, why they make it delay ? i am waiting for more than a year for a definite answer about processing of my application. there are many applicants like me.

good luck.

SYED

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Syed - one reason why they haven't rejected you could be because of processing time statistics. If they spend time processing the people who are to be rejected, then they may not get everyone who eligible within 6 to 12 months. This I am obviously guessing because people do this in service industry all the time. There could be other reasons which we don't know about.

Affie_78 - what do you mean they received your query on 11th of August 2009?

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
rupeshhari said:
Syed - one reason why they haven't rejected you could be because of processing time statistics. If they spend time processing the people who are to be rejected, then they may not get everyone who eligible within 6 to 12 months. This I am obviously guessing because people do this in service industry all the time. There could be other reasons which we don't know about.

Thanks.

Ra00

May 29, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But today is 4 august 2009
affie_78 said:
@ rupeshhari

Sorry imiostakenly wrote 2009, they started processing my application on 11th AUgust 2009

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
syedrahman1980 said:
rupeshhari said:

Thanks.
BTW i am not saying they are going to reject you (but was only answering your question why they haven't). Anyway, unless you get a rejection, you never know but you should plan other strategies too, like PNP, etc.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ra00 said:
But today is 4 august 2009
affie_78 said:
@ rupeshhari

Sorry imiostakenly wrote 2009, they started processing my application on 11th AUgust 2009
If Affie_78 will give me his time machine for a moment, then i could apply before Feb 2008 :)

xyz592

Star Member
Jul 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2010
I don't think those applicant who apply on that period will get any feedback from CIC. it's better to reapply. How do others think?

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
xyz592 said:
I don't think those applicant who apply on that period will get any feedback from CIC. it's better to reapply. How do others think?
If under 38 NOC, reply will possibly be positive. If not under 38 NOC, what will make positive after reapplication ?

Those who are not under 38 NOC and applied between Feb-Nov08, should wait. Nothing to do now. The reply will probably be negative, but may be positive for certain appliacnts if CIC put any special consideration. Although the chances are very negligible.

I will appreciate if anybody can suggest anything for the applicants applied between the period but not under 38 NOC.

Thanks.

SYED

jwokes

Jul 22, 2009
It is so strange that 9 months after Nov 2008 (after confirmation of the ministerial instructions) there is still some reason why the out applications have been held up. I have not even received an AOR. people who are applying now are getting replies withing two months or less which means our applications could be in a very different office. Besides, people in the time period Feb to Nov 2008 who don't qualify have already received their rejection letters. Please if there is somebody there who know why we need an answer, my job is on the noc. I am a doctor with 8 years experience. thanx.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Did anybody from feb28-Nov28 Non-38 occupation got refund yet....

looks like Jason Kennedy is gulping down interest on those millions of dollars in this poor economy...i am waiting for mine for 1.5 years now...

aziztanoli

Jul 28, 2007
any body`s e-status changed,today i noticed little changes in my e-case ,
as follows,
Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on July 15, 2008.

We started processing your application on July 24, 2008.

We transferred your application to the Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office on March 26, 2009. The Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office may contact you.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request