+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
baron said:
Hi Kess,

I have several questions regarding FOIA report.
1, how much is the fee for FOIA report?
2, Can I request online ? I didn't find any link that can let me apply online.
3, Can I request FOIA by my own although CIC has not let me do that ?
I think If i could do it now, then I could hand the FOIA report to cic directly if they ask.
4, It seems you got the report in just few days, did you receive report by email or get the report from US border officer directly?

thanks
Are you referring to USA records or Canadian Records?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
baron said:
I am referring USA records.
CIC can track Canadian records from their system.
Here is the link:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

Make make sure you create an account in order to receive the records. If you don't create an account and click "Continue as Guest" then you might not receive your records. Once you submit the request online after few days usually within a month you can check your online account to access your records (its usually in PDF format). For some people it took many months to receive the records. For me it took just less than 1 month.

Usually there is no fees for asking your own records however once you open the submission page, you can click "Why are fees required?" to check out what exactly it states about fees.

You can order this report for yourself for personal records to check your entries/exits and if CIC asks you for it in future, you can provide that report to CIC. make sure you mention the complete date range for the records being requested.

You can either mention your passport details or upload the copies. If you have nexus card you can mention its details as well.

baron

Jul 10, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Here is the link:

Make make sure you create an account in order to receive the records. If you don't create an account and click "Continue as Guest" then you might not receive your records. Once you submit the request online after few days usually within a month you can check your online account to access your records (its usually in PDF format). For some people it took many months to receive the records. For me it took just less than 1 month.

Usually there is no fees for asking your own records however once you open the submission page, you can click "Why are fees required?" to check out what exactly it states about fees.

You can order this report for yourself for personal records to check your entries/exits and if CIC asks you for it in future, you can provide that report to CIC. make sure you mention the complete date range for the records being requested.

You can either mention your passport details or upload the copies. If you have nexus card you can mention its details as well.
thank you very much.
will try next week.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
John_Dorry said:
Hi Androse,

I have just fixed and redone the Spreadsheet format.

Please check it again

Cheers
Thank you so much John_Dorry

On a different note, I am now 'In Process'; effective July 6th. I am going to update the spreadsheet to see how many days it took from AOR.

A sign of relief.

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Androse said:
Thank you so much John_Dorry

On a different note, I am now 'In Process'; effective July 6th. I am going to update the spreadsheet to see how many days it took from AOR.

A sign of relief.
Congrats Androse !

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
baron said:
Hi Kess,

I have several questions regarding FOIA report.
1, how much is the fee for FOIA report?
2, Can I request online ? I didn't find any link that can let me apply online.
3, Can I request FOIA by my own although CIC has not let me do that ?
I think If i could do it now, then I could hand the FOIA report to cic directly if they ask.
4, It seems you got the report in just few days, did you receive report by email or get the report from US border officer directly?

thanks
Sorry for the delayed response. As thecoolguysam said, make sure you set up an account and don't make the request as a quest.

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home
The links to create an account and make a request are on the right. If you select make a request you will have the option to create an account on the second page.

US Customs and Border is the agency and the type is entry/exits.
We put $25 in the "will pay up to" field but there was no charge (FOIA requests for yourself I believe are free but you have to put something in that box).

For description we just started that we wanted our entry/exit records from Sept 2011 to June 2015 and provided the passport number. We also scanned the bio page (the one with the picture and passport number) and attached it to the request.

Hopefully it will be fast for you too!

baron

Jul 10, 2015
Kess said:
Sorry for the delayed response. As thecoolguysam said, make sure you set up an account and don't make the request as a quest.

The links to create an account and make a request are on the right. If you select make a request you will have the option to create an account on the second page.

US Customs and Border is the agency and the type is entry/exits.
We put $25 in the "will pay up to" field but there was no charge (FOIA requests for yourself I believe are free but you have to put something in that box).

For description we just started that we wanted our entry/exit records from Sept 2011 to June 2015 and provided the passport number. We also scanned the bio page (the one with the picture and passport number) and attached it to the request.

Hopefully it will be fast for you too!
Thank you for your reply.
The information is very useful.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey
Wondering if anyone knows, if i update my mailing address will that slow down/ effect the processing time of my application in anyways? Or should i rather just contact canada post and get my mail forwarded for an year.

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just attended the test, 20/20. Be carefull, its not that easy !
People should read carefully the book... Online tests are not enough...
The citizenship officer was very kind, she carefully checked all my documents, and passport (id, stamps,...)

Next step : oath (she said in 2 to 4 months...)

Good luck to all !

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
The citizenship officer was very kind, she carefully checked all my documents, and passport (id, stamps,...)

Good luck to all !
Congratulations, I did mine 3 weeks ago exactly, and they told me 1-3 months for oath. Hopefully i'll get it soon

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
John_Dorry said:

Good luck to all !
My online status changed and It said they send me a letter for Test scheduled for 4th of August. Please do lets us know when you get Oath date, as I have to travel at the end of month of August for 2 weeks and would like to know the delay between Test and Oath in Montreal.

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:

Good luck to all !
Congrats John! I got 20/20 also in my test yesterday, but as you said it was not so easy! The practice tests dont have all the questions so its important to read Discover Canada a couple of times. About 16 questions were really easy but I was unsure about 4 and made guesses - looks like my guesses worked! ;)

The interview was tougher than I had thought. The guy was nice and friendly but asked some tough questions. He had a list with all my entries into Canada and was comparing them to my residence calculator. I had not put in a day trip to the USA into the RC so he asked me about that. And I had missed another 3 day trip completely on the RC. But fortunately, I had included both of them when I was asked for the RQ after my application. He also pulled out the documents I had sent with the RQ and noticed that I had put those trips in, so I was saved! In any case, he told me I had applied well above the 1095 days (20 days) so it was OK.

Then he just asked me a few questions about my work and where I live etc. and that was it. Told me I'd get called for the oath in 2-4 months. The wait begins for the last stretch!

:)

USNick

Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Just took my test this morning. The whole process, from the time we were told to report to the immigration office to the time I was finished with my interview, took about 75 minutes. I have to say, although I scored a 20/20 on the test, it was not the piece of cake that I'd kind of been lead to believe it would be. I'm really glad I studied "Discover Canada" well, including a couple of hours last night which definitely reminded me of things I'd forgotten which were indeed on the test.

The interview went quite smoothly. The officer was friendly, but also very businesslike. She'd checked through my application and compared my residency calculation with the report she'd received from border services, and (thankfully) they matched up perfectly. (I had no day trips to the US.). She seemed to think everything was in order, and that I would be invited to an oath ceremony probably in September. (I'll be happy when I get that letter as confirmation, however...and not a surprise fingerprint request or RQ!)

Interestingly, still, my e-cas only shows "In Process;" my LOT line still hasn't re-appeared.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC mid last week and informed them about my impending month long vacation. The agent diligently took down all the relevant dates. And then, today I receive a letter dated 13 July from CIC Scarborough (though CIC Mississauga is about a 5 min drive from where I live) asking me to appear for the test on 5th August - 2 days after my vacation begins. Much awaited letter has transformed into a much dreaded one. :mad:

Called CIC again. The agent asked me to write to the Scarborough office explaining the circumstances and enclosing a copy of the ticket. She also said rescheduling means an average delay of 6 months for the next test date. :-[

Very upsetting news indeed!