+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FCA to Live-in caregiver, is it possible?

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
hello guys,

i just want to ask, im here in alberta as FCA, is it possible to re-apply for another LMO as live in caregiver even if i havent finish my work permit as FCA?

thanks in advance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Depends if you qualify as a live in caregiver/nanny.

mims2000 said:
hello guys,

i just want to ask, im here in alberta as FCA, is it possible to re-apply for another LMO as live in caregiver even if i havent finish my work permit as FCA?

thanks in advance.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
job_seeker said:
Depends if you qualify as a live in caregiver/nanny.
What if she qualifies for the LCP?...will she have to go back to her country of residence and apply from there?...or can she file her application in Canada while she is still working as FCA?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No the applicant need not go home. S/he can send his/her application to LA/NYC consulates. Yes, s/he can start applying for the WP/visa while still working as FCA (for as long as s/he meets the requirements for the LCP and s/he has found an employer with the LMO).

honney said:
What if she qualifies for the LCP?...will she have to go back to her country of residence and apply from there?...or can she file her application in Canada while she is still working as FCA?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

job_seeker said:
No the applicant need not go home. S/he can send his/her application to LA/NYC consulates. Yes, s/he can start applying for the WP/visa while still working as FCA (for as long as s/he meets the requirements for the LCP and s/he has found an employer with the LMO).
No, she can't apply to NY or LA, read the disclaimer on the NY site.

"We provide these services to citizens of or persons legally admitted to Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon and the United States (including Puerto Rico)." She will have to apply to her home country.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Oh they changed the rules :( That's really sad because processing times from other countries are so long, the employer sometimes changes his/her mind about waiting for the prospective employee.

PMM said:
Hi

"We provide these services to citizens of or persons legally admitted to Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon and the United States (including Puerto Rico)." She will have to apply to her home country.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

Hi PMM...thank you for your answer...may i clarify what "legally admitted" means in this case...are tourist visa holders to US considered to be "legally admitted"?

hoping2b

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is someone with a tourist visa in canada can submit application online to LA or NY for a work permit?

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
thanks for all the replies. if the prospective employer will help me to process LMO, i still have to exit to my home country even if i still have valid work permit as FCA?

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
mims2000 said:
hello guys,

thanks in advance.
Hello mims2000, just wanted to ask you what happened to your application from fca to lcp? Did you got the new work permit from lcp where did you applied for it? Thanks a lot, your answer regarding this matter is highly appreciated.

thanksGod

Nov 10, 2013
honney said:
Yes you can try since you are on TWP, you can submit an in Canada application. Check your eligibility at this site.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp