+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI police certificate

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Hi,

I can probably submit citizenship application in Nov this year, but I need to gather police certificate from FBI before that.

Does anyone have experience about how long it will take? Shall I start getting it now or later in July maybe?

Thanks

Liliaqua

Jun 13, 2018
Hi,

I can probably submit citizenship application in Nov this year, but I need to gather police certificate from FBI before that.

Does anyone have experience about how long it will take? Shall I start getting it now or later in July maybe?

Thanks

Hi there,
yes I had the same experience. Here's the procejure:
1- Register on FBI site on line (and not by mail, cause it takes very much longer time). It is right away. you pay the fee on line, you get registered and provided with a file no.
2- Then you need to go to one of these fingerprint offices here in Canada to get a fingerprint of you as instructed in FBI site.
3- Mail FBI office the finger print., and you are done.
The whole process from the moment you mail them the finger print until you get the result back by mail, takes about two to three weeks. The wait time is only because of the time it takes for them to receive your mail and for you to get back the result. Otherwise, they process your FBI check within a day.

Best of luck to you!

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Hi there,
yes I had the same experience. Here's the procejure:
1- Register on FBI site on line (and not by mail, cause it takes very much longer time). It is right away. you pay the fee on line, you get registered and provided with a file no.
2- Then you need to go to one of these fingerprint offices here in Canada to get a fingerprint of you as instructed in FBI site.
3- Mail FBI office the finger print., and you are done.
The whole process from the moment you mail them the finger print until you get the result back by mail, takes about two to three weeks. The wait time is only because of the time it takes for them to receive your mail and for you to get back the result. Otherwise, they process your FBI check within a day.

Best of luck to you!
Thanks a lot!