+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Minx said:
Guys, appreciate some feedback please.

I FedEx'd my application and fingerprints on March 6, arrived and signed March 8. So they should be charging CC in the next week or so
according to timelines here.

I wrote to the FBI at identity@ic.fbi.gov, provided all my details so to ask if I can use the same attached application form and
change mailing address to one in the US.

I wrote on 21st March - its now 7 days so Im assuming they have slowed down in replies? Does anyone know?

Can I reuse a new application form and then change the address, scan it and send to the above email address?

Feedback appreciated thanks.

Help anyone?! Also does anyone know what dates of packages the FBI is working on now?
Thanks!

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
My Timeline:
Package delivered : 10 Feb 2017
CC charged on : 22 March 2017
Results to be shipped on : 29 March 2017
Expected Results to be delivered by Date (US): 2 weeks from 29 march 2017

I specifically asked them if fingerprints were fine, but declined to give any responses on the results.

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
metal said:
My Timeline:
Package delivered : 10 Feb 2017
CC charged on : 22 March 2017
Results to be shipped on : 29 March 2017
Expected Results to be delivered by Date (US): 2 weeks from 29 march 2017

I specifically asked them if fingerprints were fine, but declined to give any responses on the results.
"Results to be ahipped on" - how did you get this date.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Its been more than 2 weeks since my results were mailed to Indian address. I know that delivery to India can take time. So I am giving it say another week. Now if the postal service loses my package, can i ask FBI for a copy of the results to be shipped to me (maybe US address this time) or do I have to go through the entire application process again? My ITA will expire in 2 weeks. So if i ask for an extension, I might get another 60 days. I dont think it is possible to do the entire PCC application process again in 2 months.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Tatya_Vinchu said:
Its been more than 2 weeks since my results were mailed to Indian address. I know that delivery to India can take time. So I am giving it say another week. Now if the postal service loses my package, can i ask FBI for a copy of the results to be shipped to me (maybe US address this time) or do I have to go through the entire application process again? My ITA will expire in 2 weeks. So if i ask for an extension, I might get another 60 days. I dont think it is possible to do the entire PCC application process again in 2 months.
It usually takes about 4 weeks for your report to get delivered in India. FBI has a time frame (if I remember correctly, it is 6 weeks) for expected delivery of reports to international destinations. If you do not get your report after the expected delivery time frame, you can ask them to send you a new report. But you will have to wait for at least 4 weeks.

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
In their response, they clearly specified

three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US

Maverick28 said:
It usually takes about 4 weeks for your report to get delivered in India. FBI has a time frame (if I remember correctly, it is 6 weeks) for expected delivery of reports to international destinations. If you do not get your report after the expected delivery time frame, you can ask them to send you a new report. But you will have to wait for at least 4 weeks.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
metal said:
In their response, they clearly specified

three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US
Oh ok. I read on the immi tracker that some people from France, Lebanon got their results delivered in less than 2 weeks. Also someone from India got his result in just 10 days. So I was a bit hopeful. But looks like I will have to file my application without it. I can't afford to wait 2 more weeks.

Dagdusheth

Feb 22, 2017
Tatya_Vinchu said:
Oh ok. I read on the immi tracker that some people from France, Lebanon got their results delivered in less than 2 weeks. Also someone from India got his result in just 10 days. So I was a bit hopeful. But looks like I will have to file my application without it. I can't afford to wait 2 more weeks.
Tatya_Vinchu, based on your name you appear to be from Maharashtra? It would be helpful to know when you receive your results as mine will be delivered to Pune.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Tatya_Vinchu said:
The delivery time is dependent on the postal department of the country. FBI send the documents through USPS First Class mail which in US has at least some priority. When it comes to India post, it becomes a regular mail. At this point, it is up to the postal department how they treat your mail. They could release it in a few days or week depending on the work load. They are unpredictable.

This is not to scare you but there have been instances where I did not receive a lot of mails from USA. But there have been times where it got delivered within 2 weeks.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Dagdusheth said:
Tatya_Vinchu, based on your name you appear to be from Maharashtra? It would be helpful to know when you receive your results as mine will be delivered to Pune.
Sure. I will put the dates up when I receive my result.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Maverick28 said:
The delivery time is dependent on the postal department of the country. FBI send the documents through USPS First Class mail which in US has at least some priority. When it comes to India post, it becomes a regular mail. At this point, it is up to the postal department how they treat your mail. They could release it in a few days or week depending on the work load. They are unpredictable.

This is not to scare you but there have been instances where I did not receive a lot of mails from USA. But there have been times where it got delivered within 2 weeks.
Yes you are right. I had similar experiences when receiving mails from US. I will wait for another week.

Dagdusheth

Feb 22, 2017
Hello all,

I enclose below the response from the FBI as provided a couple of minutes ago. They are currently opening packets received on 16 February 2017.

"The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 8-10 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 7+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately 02/16/2017, we are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is open. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

Unfortunately, no requests can be expedited at this time due to the amount of work. All responses are mailed through the US Postal Service First Class Mail please allow standard mailing time (three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US) to receive the response. There is no tracking number with the US Postal Service First Class Mail. Responses cannot be emailed.

Please be sure to supply your full name and date of birth when requesting a status update."

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Dagdusheth said:
Hello all,

I enclose below the response from the FBI as provided a couple of minutes ago. They are currently opening packets received on 16 February 2017.

"The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 8-10 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 7+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately 02/16/2017, we are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is open. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

Unfortunately, no requests can be expedited at this time due to the amount of work. All responses are mailed through the US Postal Service First Class Mail please allow standard mailing time (three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US) to receive the response. There is no tracking number with the US Postal Service First Class Mail. Responses cannot be emailed.

Please be sure to supply your full name and date of birth when requesting a status update."
Hi,
Thanks for the update. Not great news but allows all of us waiting to plan an LOE
and providing the Fed Ex delivery slips to CIC as looks like processing will be salted.

Can you advise when you wrote this email and which email address you sent it to?
I've written asking to change mailing address but never heard back and it's almost
2 weeks.

Thanks again.