+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC URGENT HELP PLEASE!

mishvas91

Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys. I am new to this forum but I hope someone can help me. So I used to study in the U.S. a couple of years ago. I got my PCC in February this year and received my ITA on April 4th, but haven't submitted application yet. The thing is I went to the U.S. for 5 days to visit my family at the end of March, so technically it was after I got my PCC. I've been reading the forum and some people say that you need a new one AFTER you left the country. However, I called CIC and the agent said no need to get a new one, just write LOE and if officer decides that you need a new one, then he or she will ask you for it.
So I don't know what to do especially considering the fact that they have troubles taking my fingerprints...Can I just submit the one I have? I mean I only went for 5 days.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Can I just submit the one I have? I mean I only went for 5 days.
The agent is right....Submit a LOE stating you can get a new one done if the need be....
but technically your PCC should be after your last visit to the country....

Reactions: mishvas91

puigi

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
In the CIC website, they mention that the letter must be issued after the last time you spent six months or more in a country. If you just went to America for a few days to visit your family you don't need a new PCC.

Last edited:

mishvas91

Apr 29, 2019
The agent is right....Submit a LOE stating you can get a new one done if the need be....
but technically your PCC should be after your last visit to the country....
Thanks for your reply. I am just worried that my application won't be refused on these grounds.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Thanks for your reply. I am just worried that my application won't be refused on these grounds.
Have you already applied or still pre-AOR?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Most people would upload a LOE and at the same time request PCC as well....Mention in the LOE that you have already requested new PCC but for now just attaching old one....You will be fine....Trust me

mishvas91

Apr 29, 2019
Most people would upload a LOE and at the same time request PCC as well....Mention in the LOE that you have already requested new PCC but for now just attaching old one....You will be fine....Trust me
So should I really request a new one?

puigi

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
No you don't, just look at the CIC website. If you want to be extra careful just mention it on the LoE and link the information in THEIR website.

"
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

mishvas91

Apr 29, 2019
No you don't, just look at the CIC website. If you want to be extra careful just mention it in the LoE and link the information in THEIR website.

"
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Thanks! But at the same time look at the example C in the same link

Example C: Several short stays in another country
Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application.

puigi

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Yeah, if you made several visits to America after your PCC was issued that accrue to more than 6 months then yes, you will need a new police certificate. But if you went to visit your family for 2 weeks or even a month then you won't need a new one.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
So should I really request a new one?
Is there a problem in applying for a new one? Just to be on the safe side I think you should send your application with LOE and then attach the new PCC once you get it....
As I said technically the PCC has to be after the last time you visited that country....rest upto u....

mishvas91

Apr 29, 2019
Is there a problem in applying for a new one? Just to be on the safe side I think you should send your application with LOE and then attach the new PCC once you get it....
As I said technically the PCC has to be after the last time you visited that country....rest upto u....
Well my fingerprints were rejected a few times before due to the low quality by FBI. There is something with my skin like it's too rough or something, I am not sure, that's what technician who took fingerprints said. So it's always a struggle to do it for me. That's why I don't want to go through this process again since I was lucky enough to get the PCC in February...I wasn't planning on any US travels after that but I had to go. That's why I am worried.

mishvas91

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, if you made several visits to America after your PCC was issued that accrue to more than 6 months then yes, you will need a new police certificate. But if you went to visit your family for 2 weeks or even a month then you won't need a new one.
Okay I see the point now. That's what I was also thinking, but couldn't find a definite answer. Thanks!