+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Identification Record Request

closer

Sep 2, 2009
newbie2281 said:
I am assuming you have not sent any documents and this is a outland application and you are in NYC(because of your userid)

1. You should have FBI send the results to yourself.
2. You should put a date so that FBI returns the results quickly. I stay in Albany, NY and mine was returned in 10 days.

Also do not forget to get your NY state Police clearance certificate.(I didnt sent this and NYC consulate made be pay for this by making me wait for 90 days)
Hi newbie
How long did the state police clearance take? I have sent my application just two days ago and upon seeing this post, I know that i had only send the FBI certificate...So know, i believe i will be needing one as well.....

It wasnt clear to me that US police certificate = FBI certifiate + US State police clearance..

It was a bit confusing on the document checklist..

Anyway, could you please tell me how long it takes to obtain one(NY State)? i think me and my spouse would need to act quickly...
thanks!

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
I hear you as I got confused my self when I was reviewing the printout of the checklist(there is a link on the site which tells you that we need PCC from all the states we lived) that my wife had given me. If only I was hooked onto this site before !!!!

You will require emailing them, requesting application kit for PCC and it will take around 3-4 days for DCJS to mail the application kit.DCJS takes 3 days to process your application and then mails it so if you are in the NY area you would get your PCC in 3 days(Total around 9-10 days). If you stay close to Albany, I would recommend dropping your application kit in the front desk.DCJS only mails the results and you cannot collect it yourself.

However, I would like to inform you that even though I proactively submitted my PCC after I realised that I missed NY & DC PCC, NYC did not acknowledge that they had received it and I had to redo it so I ended up spending 100$ on NY PCC and then shocked to know that they had received it earlier. My advise to you would be to get your PCC done and then wait for the consulate to ask you the PCC. You mentioned that you just submitted your application so you can wait once you get your AOR and then submit it so that the consulate will have your PCC before they start processing your application.

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
I also didn't realize that I needed the states and sent away for mine (NYS, MI) after I had already gotten by FBI report back. They took about another 2 weeks. While I sent away for the NYS fingerprint kit, as they suggest, the fingerprinting place I went to had the correct form, so I didn't even use the stuff that NYS sent me.

vanzieu

Sep 20, 2009
For IL State police clearance certificate, do I have to send the fingerprints? I went to state police website and it has 2 different kind of certificates. One with fingerprints and one without fingerprints.. and it looks like we have to request for a form first. Do you know the correct procedure for the IL state. Pleas help. I no longer live in USA and I need the Police clearance for IL. Please advice.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanzieu said:
For IL State police clearance certificate, do I have to send the fingerprints? I went to state police website and it has 2 different kind of certificates. One with fingerprints and one without fingerprints.. and it looks like we have to request for a form first. Do you know the correct procedure for the IL state. Pleas help. I no longer live in USA and I need the Police clearance for IL. Please advice.
Hey Vanzieu,
You need to send Illinois your fingerprints- so you use the fingerprint request form. We sent my b/f's to Illinois and he got clearance back in about 2 weeks. Good luck!

closer

Sep 2, 2009
newbie2281 said:
I hear you as I got confused my self when I was reviewing the printout of the checklist(there is a link on the site which tells you that we need PCC from all the states we lived) that my wife had given me. If only I was hooked onto this site before !!!!

You will require emailing them, requesting application kit for PCC and it will take around 3-4 days for DCJS to mail the application kit.DCJS takes 3 days to process your application and then mails it so if you are in the NY area you would get your PCC in 3 days(Total around 9-10 days). If you stay close to Albany, I would recommend dropping your application kit in the front desk.DCJS only mails the results and you cannot collect it yourself.

However, I would like to inform you that even though I proactively submitted my PCC after I realised that I missed NY & DC PCC, NYC did not acknowledge that they had received it and I had to redo it so I ended up spending 100$ on NY PCC and then shocked to know that they had received it earlier. My advise to you would be to get your PCC done and then wait for the consulate to ask you the PCC. You mentioned that you just submitted your application so you can wait once you get your AOR and then submit it so that the consulate will have your PCC before they start processing your application.

thanks a lot newbie2281,

Excellent advice. . . We are now working on obtaining that state clearance from NY and we will just mail it when the Visa Office requests it. . .But first and foremost , I hope I get my sponsorship application approved soon..

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
thanks guys i just got the form from Albany
i never thought putting the actual application together would turn out to be more stressful than the waiting (not just for the visa but during the many times we've been separated) this place has been so much help in keeping calm

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
Just got my state clearance. they sent me back the finger print card, am i supposed to send that along with everything else or just the piece of paper that says i have no criminal record?

just waiting on the FBI and my husbands T4 and then I'm ready to send everything out, so nerve racking.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
how long did it take for most people to get thiers back?
the wait is killing me

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're talking about the FBI clearance, I think I sent mine off in mid-July and had it back by mid-August.

When did you send it? Did you mark on the outermost envelope that you needed it back by a certain date?

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
yeah sorry i got my state clearance am just waiting on the fbi now
i sent it out the beginning of this month i put asap and that it was for Canadian immigration
im hoping to get it back soon my husband is only here until December was hoping our time apart would be minimal

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
is there a contact number to find out the state of your FBI clearance, i'm really starting to freak out.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try contacting them at liaison@leo.gov .

NYCtoNB said:
is there a contact number to find out the state of your FBI clearance, i'm really starting to freak out.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
Karlshammar said:
Try contacting them at liaison @ leo.gov .

NYCtoNB said:
thank you so much with that email i was actually aboe to find a number so for anyone else having this issue

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent out for an FBI request the frist week of Oct and it's now almost the end of Nov. and still nothing. I marked the envelope and sheet for immigration purposes. I have all the state police requests in. Is there a number I can call? Should I be worried that it got lost?