+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI fingers prints? (ASAP please)

Can i just go to a Local Police Station to get my finger prints or do i have to send a letter to the FBI office in West Virginia wait for a documet what i can get my finger prints done then send the document back to West Virgina so i can get it apporved after 3 - 6 weeks after???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ronandchrissy said:
Can i just go to a Local Police Station to get my finger prints or do i have to send a letter to the FBI office in West Virginia wait for a documet what i can get my finger prints done then send the document back to West Virgina so i can get it apporved after 3 - 6 weeks after???
Your local police department may do it, if so they will have the forms. If not check out fingerprinting services in the local yellow pages, they will have the forms. If not you can down load them from the FBI site.

PMM

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
i went to the state police (local didnt have the cards) and they did my fingerprints and i got 3 copies, sent them off and they were accepted.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I did it, I went to my local police dept., they did my finger prints on a card and that along with my bday and name was all the FBI wanted. The FBI sent me back the documents after a month or so saying that I have a clean record there.

sierradrinker

May 14, 2008
I would suggest calling the non-emergency line of your local police station. Explain that you need a finger print card for an FBI background check. My local police precinct charged me $5 per set.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
I downloaded the forms from FBI.gov and walked in to the first police station I passed and had it done. I made two copies. For state police record I only submitted name, DOB, SSN and address - no fingerprints.

gozer

Jul 9, 2008
Is the FBI background check sufficient, or does CIC also expect me to obtain a report from my local and/or state criminal records bureau? I assumed the FBI had access to all state data anyway.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Hi - you will need to obtain records from state police for each state you have lived in for over 6 months. FBI does not have access to all state data, such as DUI etc

sierradrinker

May 14, 2008
Now you've got me worried. The instructions state that Federal is required, state records may be requested from the processing agency.

My application has allready been sent to Buffalo for priority processing? Any suggestions? Should I get started on state background checks now in-case they come back requesting more info?

gozer

Jul 9, 2008
All 3910e says is "countries where you have lived for six months or longer". And the next page says "applicants may also be requested to provide State certificates". I read that as optional.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Don't worry. They do say "may". I was proactive and submitted the state police records anyway as I didn't want to delay the process. If I were you I would get the state police records and have them availabe if they ask.

sierradrinker

May 14, 2008
Anyone have any experience with California background checks? The form to request the check states that it cannot be used for immigration purposes.

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
From my experience, I only had to do the FBI check and not state. That wasn't a problem for my application. What is required is the FBI check...

Good luck!

Nikoz

Jul 15, 2008

I just finished my F.B.I check...what u need is the fbi cover letter...fill it out,write on the outside of the envelope in big letter's......expidited service.....canadian immigration n in 4 week's u will have your report