+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI fingerprinting help - USA

dazednconfused

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
Can someone please advise if it is ok to print out the fingerprinting card on standard printer paper and take it to the local PD office?
I just got off the phone with them and looks like they don't carry the cards.

Also, these can be the live prints or does it need to be ink?

Thanks!

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Yes, that is fine. Livescan is fine as long as you will have the fingerprints printed on the card. Good Luck!

dazednconfused

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
Thank you! Just to confirm, I will print out the card on standard printer paper and then have the local PD use livescan to transfer them onto the printed sheet?

pryda31

Sep 18, 2017
Can someone please advise if it is ok to print out the fingerprinting card on standard printer paper and take it to the local PD office?
I just got off the phone with them and looks like they don't carry the cards.

Also, these can be the live prints or does it need to be ink?

Thanks!
Yes When I got mine done. I printed the fingerprint card on regular A4 paper and took it to the local PD where they were able to use that to take my fingerprints and I had no issues getting the FBI verification.

Reactions: dazednconfused

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
Thank you! Just to confirm, I will print out the card on standard printer paper and then have the local PD use livescan to transfer them onto the printed sheet?

Some PDs will be able to do scanning, others (like in My case) will use the old-fashioned ink prints. Please make sure all prints are absolutely clear and properly taken. My wife's fingerprints were rejected and we had to do the whole thing again. During the second time, we literally submitted 6 sheets of fingerprints to make sure they have something they can use.
Best of luck.