+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Fingerprinting From India

Raj_T

Feb 12, 2008
I would greatly appreciate assistance from senior members regarding my query. I have applied for Canada Immigration from India, and am expecting my file to be processed towards end of 2008. Though I have lived in India for the past 7 years, I spent one year in USA on an H1 visa during the year 2000. I had submitted only Police Clearance Certificate from India along with the application. So I guess I will have to obtain FBI clearance, along with fresh Police Clearance certificate from India, before I am granted PR, right? If so, how do I obtain it, since there are no fingerprinting agency similar to the ones in US in India (the local police would not know how to and will never do it for another agency)? Can I obtain the fingerprints myself, on the form downloaded from FBI´s website, and send it to FBI?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice.

coolguy

Feb 18, 2008
send a check and request to FBI

they ll send u in 16 weeks

This will help -
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Raj_T said:
I would greatly appreciate assistance from senior members regarding my query. I have applied for Canada Immigration from India, and am expecting my file to be processed towards end of 2008. Though I have lived in India for the past 7 years, I spent one year in USA on an H1 visa during the year 2000. I had submitted only Police Clearance Certificate from India along with the application. So I guess I will have to obtain FBI clearance, along with fresh Police Clearance certificate from India, before I am granted PR, right? If so, how do I obtain it, since there are no fingerprinting agency similar to the ones in US in India (the local police would not know how to and will never do it for another agency)? Can I obtain the fingerprints myself, on the form downloaded from FBI´s website, and send it to FBI?

You could try your local U.S. Consulate or Embassy. They usually have the ability to do fingerprinting for a fee.

Raj_T

Feb 12, 2008
Thank you, thaiguy, for the most constructive suggestion that I have received from any Forum so far!

malkotia

Sep 23, 2008
Raj T . I am faced with similiar problem. Stayed in US for two years and am currently in India. Did you find any agencies who do fingerprinting in India.

Will appreciate your help

mdarji

Jul 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
AOR Received.
15-09-2009
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
28-01-2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
All - Just yesterday myself with spouse did fingerprints from J.K. Consultancy. It was good experience. The person Mr. Jagjit has enough knowledge to do fingerprints as he did lot more FPs earlier for Canada immigration purpose. He take FPs on same FD258 forms (universal fingerprint form). We know the same form was being used in US when we were in US and taken FPs earlier for other purpose. I believe, its worth to go for that..

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Raj_T said:

I have done it myself and it worked. I got the report. Step by step described :-
1) Go to http://www.fbi.gov/filelink.html?file=/hq/cjisd/pdf/fpcardb.pdf and download the form FD258
2) Take at least 10 printouts of that. You will find the rules for finger print along with the form. Have 1 printout of that.
3) Get Faber-Castell Blue ink Pad.
4) Take fingerprints in the forms.
5) Go to a bank with facility with foreign currency DD where you have an account. Take your passport, check book and papers to show that you need a DD in US dollar.
6) Get a DD of $18 done for Treasury of the United States
7) Send the best three fingerprint cards along with a cover letter and DD to
FBI CJIS Division – Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
USA

For more details please check http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm for all details. Leave the "agency" part blank when you fill up the finger print cards. I did it myself and got the report in some 5 weeks.

Cheers
joy

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Raj_T said:

Also, you might need a US State PCC. You may mail me at sanjoy.gsh@gmail.com for cards. These are not easily available in the net.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
joy4u... good to see such step-by-step explanation, and consolidation of all info.
well, bits and pieces were discussed, but all in one place, with the assurance that your own work is worth a try!

We keep seeing so many struggling with finger prints - and for those who find them, its way too expensive with private consultants.
3000 per print is expensive in my view!

thanks for the detailed note; and the confidence you gave.

cheers boltz.

mdarji

Jul 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
AOR Received.
15-09-2009
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
28-01-2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
joy4u,

I think for state PCC, there are diff req for diff state..

check this..
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/Detroit/offices-bureaux/certificates-certificat.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=332&menu=L

in my case, for NJ state.. you have to contact NJ state police authority.. and they will send you a complete package to get background check report or PCC.. within package they send one FP card. In Which you have to get your FPs will filled form.. then only they will issue a PCC ..

sheldon

Aug 11, 2009
Hi nidhij69,

Can you tell us through which agency you got it done?. I live in Bangalore. I called up JK consultancy in Delhi, and they told they can send their representative here but for that they charge around 8000/-.

Anybody got it done from Bangalore?. If not I am planning to get it done via myself as joy4u suggested.

How do I know whether state clearance is needed?. I don't see it any where in the website. I stayed in US ( California ) for about 9 months.

regards,
sheldon.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Couple of days back I was also struggling to take the finger prints and contacted few consultancies which were quoting above RS.3500/- for the finger prints. I personally feel this is high. I explored few places to get the finger prints done in India and found few places where you can get it done cheaper even though it may not be convenient.

1.) Registry offices in your city. When ever you register a property you need to get the finger prints taken and they are similar to the one needed by FBI
2.) District Courts. All convicts need to be finger printed and there fore a finger printing expert is available in courts
3.) I also cam across printing press which does it.

The procedure is that you need to have Black printing ink. Same needs to be spread over a iron plate. You need to use this iron plate as your source of ink. (This iron plate with black ink is commonly available in printing press).

Once you have applied this ink on your thumbs and fingers roll your fingers on the designated space by FBI as explained in instructions and you are good to go. If any one needs a sample I can share the same over e-mail.

PM48633

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Hi,

Since I am from Mumbai All I did was go to the CID office in town and you need to give them a hand written application along with your passports and proof of residence 1.e electricity bill and telephone bill then they will take the finger prints on the FBI card and they will stamp it and sign it.this is done for free (500 to 1000 token charge)

This then needs to be authorized by the minister of external affairs on the 18th flr of the Bldg opposite Mantralaya. (This is also for free) and we are ready to go as it is then a official doc with the police seal and the MOEF seal.

In case of other cities it can be got from the commissioners office as it is easily acceptable by FBI due to the authentication.

Do not forget to mention that you have a deadline to submit the results of the finger print card on the envelope that you send to FBI.
I received it back in 20 days.

Regards,

PM48633

goinggoinggone

Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done in Mar 2010 (score 8.5)
Hello joy4u,

Your description about getting the fingerprinting done on your own was encouraging, to say the least. I have a few questions though:
(1) Should we print the FD258 form on plain paper / glossy paper?
(2) Should we type the information (such as Name, Address etc) in the printed FD 258 form or is it okay to write it by hand?
(3) What should we write against the questions - CITIZENSHIP CTZ, YOUR NO. OCA, FBI NO. FBI, ARMED FORCES NO. MNU, MISCELLANEOUS NO. MNU?
(4) Against REASON FINGERPRINTED, is it okay to write 'For applying for a permanent residence visa to Canada'?

Sincerely,
GOINGGOINGGONE