+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI current Processing Times -- All you need to know..

SachinKaushik

Jun 11, 2015
Thanks guys ! I have send in a new application form , with a covering letter explaining my case and a new credit card (this one does nt have OTP settings and i am sure it ll work ! ). Fingers crossed now !

SM205

Star Member
May 20, 2016
I have a question please, can i gave my debit card details ?
Debit card is accepted for payment or they only accept Credit card?
Thanks

macwanj

Jul 16, 2016
Hi folks,

About 3 days ago, I got my ITA through the Canadian Experience Class Express Entry and found out I need a FBI clearance. I've been researching and understand it takes longer than 60 days so I plan to submit my application (as so many before me have done) with explanation that I have sent my FBI PCC. I willl attach the copies of the application and fedex receipt. Now my question is, can I submit my PR application now itself (57 days left to apply) or should I wait a little longer to demonstrate that I waited to see if I get the FBI PCC on time (e.g. send application with 7 days left to apply and FBI PCC still pending?

I'm in Canada on a work permit and will do my fingerprinting first thing Monday and send off the FBI PC application on Monday too.

Thanks in advance!

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait at least a month, since FBI PCC is taking around 90 days to process. Once you submit your application, CIC will give you 60 days to submit your FBI PCC.

I hope this helps.

Best,
MF

macwanj

Jul 16, 2016
@msf02 - thank you for that prompt response - much appreciate it! If I understand you correctly, CIC will give me another 60 days from the time I submit the application and fees to send in the FBI PCC form. But in anycase, to be certain, is this from your experience or heard about this from someone else? I just want to make double sure :)

In anycase, it may make even more sense to wait more than a month - say 45 days before submitting. This way I have a buffer. B

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is in my experience - my AOR was July 1st. 3 days later, I got the 60 day extension...

Make sure you upload receipt of mailing your fingerprints and any other proof (in the section where you would normally upload the FBI PCC itself.)

Also, make sure you include this explanation in the LOE.

Like I said, try to buy as much time as possible by delaying submitting your eAPR.

Good luck!
Mohamad

jacobbrown

May 18, 2016
Hi guys. Does anyone know how long it takes till CIC process your FBI check.

They requested it from me in Feburary. I uploaded the confirmation that I did send everything to the states. When I received FBI certificate in July uploaded it.

My Express entry showing only background check in process. Everything else processed.
Been in process 8 months. Background check in the notes showing that RCMP already processed too. Basically only FBI left.
It has been 2 months since I sent it to CIC. They confirmed that it is received . Just trying to estimate how long it is gonna take them to read it and process.

Please advice if you have had a case like that. Thanks

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Guys, i have created an FBI tracker - so we can minitor progress: https://myimmitracker.com/en/us/trackers/fbi-summary-check-tracker please add you details
Who applied.

macwanj

Jul 16, 2016
Hi folks,

I am happy to report that I received my FBI Background Check documents today. All in all, it took about 66 days from the time the FBI received my application to it landing in my hands. Frankly, I am a bit surprised that it got processed so quickly. Here is my timeline:

FBI Clearance Received: 21st July 2016
Credit Card Processed: 13th September 2016
FBI Clearance Document Received: 27th September 2016

Good luck to all the other applicants - if you've applied around the same time as I perhaps you will receive your documents soon.

NishaK

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2016
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
4th Dec, 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront, R-9, L-9, W-8, S-8.5
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-27-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
Planning in Oct
I had a similar time line as above.. took 66 days for the entire process to take place

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Guys, I had submitted my express entry application back in March 2016. Since FBI clearance is taking around 90 days, here is what I did:
1. Got a PCC also done from the local police station
2. Wrote a letter explaining the situation with FBI clearance with my signature

Submitted these two documents along with my clearance from India (Chicago Embassy) when I submitted my application.
In the last week of April I got the request for FBI clearance documents from CIC, and as people have rightly said, CIC gives you 60 days to submit the required documents. I received the FBI clearances by then and then submitted those to CIC.

Hope this helps.

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dear Friends, I am in very frustrating situation and asking for your guidance. My CRS score is 469 (it was 474 till august :(). I have received ITA twice last year but could not submit documents because my wife's FBI pcc request was reject due to "poor fingerprint" quality. We have tried another time recently and unfortunately the result remained same. It seems her finger has very weak ridges. In the meantime she managed to get Study permit from Canada using the state clearance instead of FBI.

She is in Canada now and recently tried for FBI pcc for 3rd time. However, this time she contacted an Ottawa based company named "Reliability Screening" (http://reliabilityscreening.ca/international/ ) and the company took her digital fingerprint. Within 24 hours she got soft copy her FBI PCC!!!!!!!! They took CAD 200 for the service.

Now my question is how it is possible to get result like this???? My wife is not even american citizen then how can a third party can process so fast? Is it a scam???????????????? Should I use it while submitting the doc with a LOE explaining how I get this or just submit it without saying anything? or do NOT use it at all??????

I am soooo confused! Please help. :'( :'( :'(

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Monzur said:
Dear Friends, I am in very frustrating situation and asking for your guidance. My CRS score is 469 (it was 474 till august :(). I have received ITA twice last year but could not submit documents because my wife's FBI pcc request was reject due to "poor fingerprint" quality. We have tried another time recently and unfortunately the result remained same. It seems her finger has very weak ridges. In the meantime she managed to get Study permit from Canada using the state clearance instead of FBI.

She is in Canada now and recently tried for FBI pcc for 3rd time. However, this time she contacted an Ottawa based company named "Reliability Screening" (http://reliabilityscreening.ca/international/ ) and the company took her digital fingerprint. Within 24 hours she got soft copy her FBI PCC!!!!!!!! They took CAD 200 for the service.

Now my question is how it is possible to get result like this???? My wife is not even american citizen then how can a third party can process so fast? Is it a scam???????????????? Should I use it while submitting the doc with a LOE explaining how I get this or just submit it without saying anything? or do NOT use it at all??????

I am soooo confused! Please help. :'( :'( :'(
Thats seems to be odd.

I myself have gone through many official channelers... and all said: green card holder or citizen, which i am not.... so I am assume it would be scam.