Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi, I'm currently in US and my application was advice by CIO Sydney, NS to proceed application to buffalo NY. I'm a family guy and my intension is to go first in canada and sponsor my spouse and kids later. Now one of the requirements is FBI clearance and it was stated as "ALL APPLICANTS" need to get a clearance. As far as i understand i'm the only one who need to secure the FBI clearance since i'm only applying for myself for PR.
Would this be the case? or I need to get both for me and my wife?

rgds,
vierx

harpreet81

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2010
IELTS Request
Scored 7.5
File Transfer...
14-10-2011 To Seattle
Yes .. You only if the application was filed by you.
By the way on a side note, I think you are not taking your spouse along with you, there is one more doc (I think some declaration) which you need to file along with detailed application to buffalo.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
vierx, most of the people here will advise you to go ahead and apply with your whole family now. There is really nothing to be gained by waiting and sponsoring them later - and a whole lot of work and expense and uncertainty to be avoided by having to apply a second time, many years down the road. They will still have to undgergo the medical exams at the same time as you in order for you to be able to sponsor them later.

Don't know the circumstances behind your decision, but if you include them in the application now, they do not have to MOVE to Canada the same time that you do. If you know this already and have your reasons, best of luck.

vierx2007

Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Multiple
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-3-2010
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
submitted together w/ the docs.
Med's Request
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jes_ON said:
vierx, most of the people here will advise you to go ahead and apply with your whole family now. There is really nothing to be gained by waiting and sponsoring them later - and a whole lot of work and expense and uncertainty to be avoided by having to apply a second time, many years down the road. They will still have to undgergo the medical exams at the same time as you in order for you to be able to sponsor them later.

Don't know the circumstances behind your decision, but if you include them in the application now, they do not have to MOVE to Canada the same time that you do. If you know this already and have your reasons, best of luck.
Jes_ON, i really appreciate your concern, right now my bank statement is only enough for one person, so i'm thinking that going there by myself firts and apply them later would be the safiest and efficient way of obtaining PR. If you have some toughts on how to do it in a more ideal manner please let me know.

Thanks,
vierx.

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vierx2007 said:
Jes_ON, i really appreciate your concern, right now my bank statement is only enough for one person, so i'm thinking that going there by myself firts and apply them later would be the safiest and efficient way of obtaining PR. If you have some toughts on how to do it in a more ideal manner please let me know.

Thanks,
vierx.
Virex,
I hear ur economic situation totally. If you are really that cash starved, then it is best to go first and then sponsor your family from there..but, ur in USA, try getting a loan, apply fro credit card and then get cash advance, borrow money from friends relatives etc to show the money in the account.
Keep in kind that there a re chances that you might again be asked to furnish proof down the line and you will have to show the minimum amount for your family.
Hope this helps.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
vierx2007 said:
If you're talking about proof of funds, got some bad news for you then ...

p. 28 of the OP 6:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

"In terms of funds required, the number of the applicant’s family members includes both accompanying and non-accompanying dependants."

Depending on your occupation, your best bet might be to try and find a job and go on a temporary work permit (TWP. Some occupations are exempt from the LMO requirement under NAFTA - if your occupation falls on that list, it would make it easier for an employer to consider you (much shorter wait for the TWP).

If you get hired on a "permanent" basis, you can apply with arranged employment (no proof of funds requirement). Alternatively, you can work 2 years and qualify for PR under CEC (again, no proof of funds requirement).

vierx2007

Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Multiple
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-3-2010
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
submitted together w/ the docs.
Med's Request
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jes_ON said:
If you're talking about proof of funds, got some bad news for you then ...

p. 28 of the OP 6:

"In terms of funds required, the number of the applicant's family members includes both accompanying and non-accompanying dependants."

Depending on your occupation, your best bet might be to try and find a job and go on a temporary work permit (TWP. Some occupations are exempt from the LMO requirement under NAFTA - if your occupation falls on that list, it would make it easier for an employer to consider you (much shorter wait for the TWP).

If you get hired on a "permanent" basis, you can apply with arranged employment (no proof of funds requirement). Alternatively, you can work 2 years and qualify for PR under CEC (again, no proof of funds requirement).

Hi Jes_ON, Thanks for the information, now will find ways how to get the exact fund they need me to show.

ONE MORE Question:
For the proof of funds do I need to provide both bank certification (which only shows ending balance) and bank Statement (showing all the detail information)?
Or….. either and/or?
Thanks.

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
vierx2007 said:
Hi Jes_ON, Thanks for the information, now will find ways how to get the exact fund they need me to show.

ONE MORE Question:
For the proof of funds do I need to provide both bank certification (which only shows ending balance) and bank Statement (showing all the detail information)?
Or..... either and/or?
Thanks.
It's best to provide both bank certification and statements.