+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance. What do they really ask for US?

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
I am curious about Buffalo, NY. On the instructions, it asks for the FBI Clearance here in the US and it says they might ask for State Police Certificate also from here in the US. Since they requested the documents and only requested to follow the instructions of the requirement of the local CIC ( in which it says they MIGHT ask for State Police Certificate), what should I do? Should I send only the FBI clearance or should I also send the state police certificate? Anyone here with experience in sending application to Buffalo?

Thanks.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
The information on CIC website regarding PCCs from US was modified on Feb 19. before, it said you may be asked a state clearnce but now it reads you need to get BOTH FBI and State PCCs. Bad news for me as well!!

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
a mistake I made some time ago was to print out various instructions and guidelines from CIC website and refer back to them

always check the latest versions before you commit yourself to sending in a form, apply for a certificate, etc.

I found out just a week ago that the system for obtaining PCCs in UK has completely changed too!!!