+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance - Urgent

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hi all,

In the same boat.

-Lived in the US from 1996-2002.
-Returned for 1 day (crossing border from Canada) in April 2011.
-Got FBI clearance in 2012 when I was applying for the first time for my immigration.
-Went last year for 3 weeks (holiday).
-Received my ITA early last month. Up until a few days ago, figured everything would be OK. Then was advised to get a new PCC.
-Got my fingerprints done and sent new application to FBI CJIS 2 days ago.

I was effectively ready to send all my documents by mid-June, but now I'll wait till about a week or so before my ITA expires. If I don't get the new clearance by then, I'll be submitting photocopies of the application and fingerprint form, as well as courier receipt, and explain this in my LOE.

Good luck to all!

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Similar situation here:

My FBI search completed date is April 20, 2017 (I submitted my application to FBI in late February). But I traveled to the US for business during April 11 and April 19. However, because of the time difference, even though I got on the plane on April 19, the stamp I got from the custom in my home country (when I got back) shows exactly April 20. Would I be OK?

Thanks so much.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
HI Hitesh,
Currently I am in the same boat that you were. Can you please tell me how did this approach go.
It is totally fine. Apply for. FBI PCC and white submitting your e-APR attach the courier slip as proof for applying FBI PCC and explain the same in LOE.

I did it and submitted my FBI PCC when I recieved it.

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
It is totally fine. Apply for. FBI PCC and white submitting your e-APR attach the courier slip as proof for applying FBI PCC and explain the same in LOE.

I did it and submitted my FBI PCC when I recieved it.
hi,

I have a question.......so after i get an ITA, i can submit my documents along with the LOE that I have applied for the FBI PCC and that I will send it later since it takes 2 months to be ready? Or its best to wait after i get the FBI PCC i submit it together with my documents?

thanks.

igenena

May 15, 2016
Category........
FSW
hi,

I have a question.......so after i get an ITA, i can submit my documents along with the LOE that I have applied for the FBI PCC and that I will send it later since it takes 2 months to be ready? Or its best to wait after i get the FBI PCC i submit it together with my documents?

thanks.
I Have the same question.

Is it better to wait "doing nothing" till we receive the PCC or before ITA deadline, or just submit with proofs of payment and LoE already and update CIC when the PCC is received?

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
hi,

thanks.
You need to attach proof of applying for FBI PCC. I did this and it worked as my application was not rejected as incomplete.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Can anyone here provide some clarification with this, the CIC website states the following

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
My FBI background check was completed on the 25th of January and I received the PCC around the 30th of January. I left the United states in March and I've been in Canada since then.

My EE application was submitted last week. Is my FBI still valid since its under six months? I have also applied for another one just in case back in April and will likely get it next month.

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Can anyone here provide some clarification with this, the CIC website states the following

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
My FBI background check was completed on the 25th of January and I received the PCC around the 30th of January. I left the United states in March and I've been in Canada since then.

My EE application was submitted last week. Is my FBI still valid since its under six months? I have also applied for another one just in case back in April and will likely get it next month.
I have sort of a similar problem...My FBI search completed date is April 20, 2017 (I submitted my application to FBI in late February). But I traveled to the US for business during April 11 and April 20. So the two dates overlap...worried if I need a new one.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
I have sort of a similar problem...My FBI search completed date is April 20, 2017 (I submitted my application to FBI in late February). But I traveled to the US for business during April 11 and April 20. So the two dates overlap...worried if I need a new one.
Worst case, they will ask us to send another FBI PCC, although I've heard that the US and Canada share criminal databases. Don't really see why they would need one, but then again, who knows how governments work. o_O