+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance - Urgent

tauqirakhtar

Nov 26, 2016
Hi ,
I lived in USA for 7 years (2008-2014).
I got my FBI Clearance in July 2016. And I thought I was good with the Police Clearance Documents whenever I would receive the ITA.

Now, on 22nd Dec 2016 I received the ITA.

While filling the form I realized that had visited USA again in August for 5 days for a Training . Do I need a new FBI Clearance now ? Even I apply for new one I wont get it in 90 days .

Please advise

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
Police Clearances are usually valid for one year. Technically, that PCC is still valid. However, you will have to send in your Travel history preceding 10 years from the date of ITA or your 18th birthday and they might demand a new nationwide FBI certificate which usually takes 6 months.
Suggestion:- Apply for a new FBI certificate ASAP and when you are doing the eAPR, provide them the explanation as in what happened and what exactly are you doing to address it.. I rather be proactive in this case...

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
On the second thought, you have a FBI clearance up until July 2016 and you did not live in US for more than 6 months after that.... hmmmm... I don't think you will need a new certificate..

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
tauqirakhtar said:
Hi ,
I got my FBI Clearance in July 2016. And I thought I was good with the Police Clearance Documents whenever I would receive the ITA.

While filling the form I realized that had visited USA again in August for 5 days for a Training . Do I need a new FBI Clearance now ? Even I apply for new one I wont get it in 90 days .

Please advise
Yes, you would need another one, to be safe.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory."
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp for more details.

tauqirakhtar

Nov 26, 2016
Thank You People.
I understand that, to be safe I have to get a new FBI certificate . And I don't get it within 90 days , then a Letter Of Explanation should help my cause.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
tauqirakhtar said:
Hi ,

Please advise
Without any doubts, you need to get a new one. Go ahead and apply for it asap.

tauqirakhtar

Nov 26, 2016
Hi ,
I approached a agency for Fingerprints for FBI Clearance. They did my fingerprints last time and I got the FBI Clearance too. Now since I have to apply for it again , the agency suggested that I should go for "FBI Clearance" through "FBI-Approved Channelers" and I will get the Clearance within 10 days . They are charging nearly 200 for it .

I have read that "FBI-Approved Channelers" are only for US Citizens. But the agency insisted that they have tie ups with the "FBI-Approved Channelers" and they have done it for non US Citizens too. And that they have started this service in April last this year.

Has anyone gone through "FBI-Approved Channelers" for FBI Clearance ? Will that be accepted by CIC ?
CIC Site only mentions that "FBI-Approved Channelers" don't do it for non US citizens.

Appreciate if anyone can throw some light here

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
tauqirakhtar said:
Hi ,
I approached a agency for Fingerprints for FBI Clearance. They did my fingerprints last time and I got the FBI Clearance too. Now since I have to apply for it again , the agency suggested that I should go for "FBI Clearance" through "FBI-Approved Channelers" and I will get the Clearance within 10 days . They are charging nearly 200 for it .

I have read that "FBI-Approved Channelers" are only for US Citizens. But the agency insisted that they have tie ups with the "FBI-Approved Channelers" and they have done it for non US Citizens too. And that they have started this service in April last this year.

Has anyone gone through "FBI-Approved Channelers" for FBI Clearance ? Will that be accepted by CIC ?
CIC Site only mentions that "FBI-Approved Channelers" don't do it for non US citizens.

Do not go with chaneler. It is not acceptable. I am also in the same boat. Got ITA and later on had to apply for FBI PCC again and now waiting for it.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
tauqirakhtar said:
Hi ,

If you are not a U.S. Citizen, do not go through a Channeler. CIC is crystal clear about this.

tauqirakhtar

Nov 26, 2016
I am assuming that I wont get the Police Certificate within 90 days. So in that case shall I :

1. Apply for new FBI Clearance
2. For now, Upload the FBI Clearance that I received in July 2016
3. Write a letter of explanation stating my situation and actions that I have taken to address them
4. Provide the new certificate when available

Does this seem correct ?

Has anyone done this and how helpful CIC has been in these cases ?

Appreciate your guidance

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I would attach the order confirmation or payment receipt for the new PCC so they know you're working on it. CIC doesn't joke around about PCC's and will reject your file as incomplete if what is uploaded is not to their specifications.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
tauqirakhtar said:
I am assuming that I wont get the Police Certificate within 90 days. So in that case shall I :

1. Apply for new FBI Clearance
2. For now, Upload the FBI Clearance that I received in July 2016
3. Write a letter of explanation stating my situation and actions that I have taken to address them
4. Provide the new certificate when available

Does this seem correct ?

Has anyone done this and how helpful CIC has been in these cases ?

Appreciate your guidance
Correct. I did the same thing. Gathered all other dox. Submitted my application without FBI PCC but in letter of explanation I attached the courier slip as proof of sending my new FBI PCC request.

vishal_t

Aug 12, 2015
hitesh0414 said:
Correct. I did the same thing. Gathered all other dox. Submitted my application without FBI PCC but in letter of explanation I attached the courier slip as proof of sending my new FBI PCC request.
Hi Hitesh,

So you submitted your eAPR well before the 60 day limit . is it ? And then you submitted the letter of explanation of for a new FBI PCC application along with receipts.

Am in similar situation; but am advised to not to submit eAPR until the last few days of the CIC limit is reached.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
vishal_t said:
Hi Hitesh,

So you submitted your eAPR well before the 60 day limit . is it ? And then you submitted the letter of explanation of for a new FBI PCC application along with receipts.

Am in similar situation; but am advised to not to submit eAPR until the last few days of the CIC limit is reached.
I have also read it in many threads to wait until when few days are left to submit the application. But whats the point when we are well aware that we won't be getting the FBI PCC in this time frame. So, on this thinking of mine, I submitted my app. Now, I just hope that everything goes fine.

Dec 1, 2016
HI Hitesh,
Currently I am in the same boat that you were. Can you please tell me how did this approach go.