+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance Pending - What are the implications?

annihilat1on

Mar 14, 2017
Hello,

I have applied for PR in Canada (Family class) as my spouse is Canadian. I got the AOR and now, I have been asked to submit police certificates by 8/25/2017. I have applied for the FBI police clearance a couple of weeks ago (as I have lived in the US prior to Canada) and I am still waiting on it and I don't expect to have it by the date requested.

What are the consequences of this? What can I do to let Canada immigration know that I have already applied for this and I'm still waiting?

Thanks!

annihilat1on

Mar 14, 2017
Follow up to this:

The page tells me I need the following supporting documents by the following dates:

1. Certificat de Selection du Québec (CSQ)(required) - due by 9/24/2017
  2. Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) - due by 8/25/2017
  3. Schedule A Online (required) - due by 8/25/2017

Of which, I have filled out the Schedule A Online but don't have the others yet. Can I click the next button and submit one at a time or do I need all 3 before I submit? The latter makes no sense based on the due dates given. I have attached a screenshot for reference.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hello,

I have applied for PR in Canada (Family class) as my spouse is Canadian. I got the AOR and now, I have been asked to submit police certificates by 8/25/2017. I have applied for the FBI police clearance a couple of weeks ago (as I have lived in the US prior to Canada) and I am still waiting on it and I don't expect to have it by the date requested.

What are the consequences of this? What can I do to let Canada immigration know that I have already applied for this and I'm still waiting?

Thanks!
The US FBI PCC takes a while due to slow processing. Worst case scenario I've seen people say they uploaded their postal tracking receipts, and any other proof that you did indeed apply for one. You'll be asked to upload it once you get it. The wait time is usually 12 - 14 weeks.

annihilat1on

Mar 14, 2017
Thank you. But what do I do regarding the web submission above? Can I submit one document at a time or do they all have to be done at once?

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Thank you. But what do I do regarding the web submission above? Can I submit one document at a time or do they all have to be done at once?
How many days do you have till submission?
You can call the FBI call center at 304-625-5590 to find out your status; have your tracking information ready.

I would attach proof that I did request a PCC in document section, then thoroughly explain it in the explanation letter.

Reactions: annihilat1on

cowbeepbeep

Aug 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
Hello,

Thanks!
Are you still living in the US? If so, are you a permanent resident? If you are, you can use a chaneler to get your results very quickly. If not, you'll need to upload proof that you have requested them as suggested earlier with a Letter of Explanation.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I did my FBI Clearance twice. The first time took nearly 6 months, and then they (FBI), sent me a letter saying they were unable to read my prints....6 months later! I sent them in again immediately and received them back 3 months later, just days after CIC requested them from me....FBI Clearance takes forever....I sent my second request in the mail the same day I sent out my PR application, so it took nearly 3 months for them (CIC) to request it of me.

annihilat1on

Mar 14, 2017
I did my FBI Clearance twice. The first time took nearly 6 months, and then they (FBI), sent me a letter saying they were unable to read my prints....6 months later! I sent them in again immediately and received them back 3 months later, just days after CIC requested them from me....FBI Clearance takes forever....I sent my second request in the mail the same day I sent out my PR application, so it took nearly 3 months for them (CIC) to request it of me.
That is a LOT of time!

How did you submit it to the CIC? Do they ask you for it again?

I have submitted this (screenshot in post above) with just the receipts of tracking. I had not received my CSQ at the time as well but I just recently got it. Do I contact the CIC to submit this to them, because that online form that asks me to upload my documents is no longer available as I already submitted it.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
That is a LOT of time!

How did you submit it to the CIC? Do they ask you for it again?

I have submitted this (screenshot in post above) with just the receipts of tracking. I had not received my CSQ at the time as well but I just recently got it. Do I contact the CIC to submit this to them, because that online form that asks me to upload my documents is no longer available as I already submitted it.
Yes, way too much time! I submitted mine through my CIC website....(there was a place to upload documents). I would maybe try calling them and mentioning that you need to send this in. We have had the worst time trying to track everything, getting updates, and seeing anything new on our account. I also had to call to get them to resend me my medical request because they had sent it to me and I happened to call and didn't receive anything. I have no idea where it went but not to me...I called they resent it to me and I was able to get my medical....still waiting for an update since then....that was June.

annihilat1on

Mar 14, 2017
Yes, way too much time! I submitted mine through my CIC website....(there was a place to upload documents). I would maybe try calling them and mentioning that you need to send this in. We have had the worst time trying to track everything, getting updates, and seeing anything new on our account. I also had to call to get them to resend me my medical request because they had sent it to me and I happened to call and didn't receive anything. I have no idea where it went but not to me...I called they resent it to me and I was able to get my medical....still waiting for an update since then....that was June.

I've been trying to call them. Which number did you use?

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I've been trying to call them. Which number did you use?
I used 1-888-242-2100. But.....I will tell you that after almost two weeks of trying to get ahold of a real person I got sick of it, and just punched random buttons that didn't actually apply to me, but when a human answered, I just said I was checking on my account/file and I was given the information I asked for....you could try....