+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI check Envelop

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

FBI checks are sent in envelop and i need to know do we need to open it and send paper inside

OR

I have to send it AS IS to VISA OFFICE?

thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even CIC isn't THAT cruel. Can you imagine how scary it would be to forward it without having a peek inside the envelope?!?! What if the FBI IHSR letter is WRONG?!?! :-\

Yes, you can (and should) open it...exhale...then forward it (with or without the envelope) to CIC, if not including it with your application.

I still find it shocking that there are absolutely no security features on the FBI paper; no raised seal, not on tamper-proof paper, nothing.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Even CIC isn't THAT cruel. Can you imagine how scary it would be to forward it without having a peek inside the envelope?!?! What if the FBI IHSR letter is WRONG?!?! :-\

Yes, you can (and should) open it...exhale...then forward it (with or without the envelope) to CIC, if not including it with your application.

I still find it shocking that there are absolutely no security features on the FBI paper; no raised seal, not on tamper-proof paper, nothing.
yup make sense

thanks

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Ponga said:

Yeah just a light watermark/background on the paper. Not sure if that would show up on a photocopy or not.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sawadee-eh said:
Yeah just a light watermark/background on the paper. Not sure if that would show up on a photocopy or not.
there is definitely a watermark that shows up all over the page when it's copied. i kept a copy for myself and it was covered with one.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
there is definitely a watermark that shows up all over the page when it's copied. i kept a copy for myself and it was covered with one.
Well mine had absolutely no watermark (received last year, not long after they stopped using the blue paper). I had also made a copy for my records and there's no watermark or `VOID' on it anywhere; it looks identical to the original. Plain white paper.