20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
Hello,

I live in Victoria BC. I went to take my test in Vancouver in May. When I did, they had said we would be invited to take the oath in mid-August.

I haven't heard anything yet, I think maybe this isn't happening? Anyway, when I called the helpline, they mentioned that there are lots of oath ceremonies in Vancouver, and I told him I am more than willing to take my oath in Vancouver if it will speed things up. He gave me the Vancouver office fax # and told me to fax them a letter to that effect.

My question is, is there a format my fax should follow. I know that I should include my UCI # and name, but is there a template somewhere that I could use?

Thanks!

Battalion

Aug 28, 2017
Hi Iamrobot85, I was part of that test that was conducted in Vancouver on May 26. I also live in Victoria. An Oath ceremony was actually held sometimes mid August in Esquimalt-Victoria, and many of those that attended the test in Vancouver on May 26 were part of the ceremony, but I was not invited though I passed the May 26 test in Vancouver (20/20) and ecas status changed to DM on May 29. I spoke to some of my friends who attended the test and were invited to the ceremony, and noted that all of them applied between November and December 2016. My application was received in January 2017 and therefore guessed that January 2017 applicant from Victoria Itenerant region might not have been invited as part of that group. From IRCC website, I saw that another ceremony has been scheduled for October 16 -20 in Victoria, and hopefully we may be invited for this. I contacted the IRCC call center, and the nice lady that spoke to me helped checked my file and confirmed that everything is good and that they are just waiting for an available date to schedule me for a ceremony. In case you proceed to send them a fax, use the same format that was requested the last time in April when we were asked to confirm attendance for the May 26 test. Please let me know your feedback if you eventually sent the fax.

Reactions: Iamrobot85

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
Thanks for the information. My application was received December, but didn't start processing it until January. Maybe that is why I wasn't invited, despite the fact that my status changed to DM on the 29th as well. I didn't know that there are ceremonies scheduled for October 16-20 in Victoria. In light of this information, maybe I will not send the fax and hope that I get invited on these dates. I doubt I could get in all that much faster in Vancouver, the difference would probably only be a few weeks.

Thanks again for the info, hopefully we will be at a ceremony soon!

Battalion

Aug 28, 2017
Correct. I think the applications are being managed by the date they went into processing "In Process" rather than date received. Please check the link below to confirm the next Oath ceremony date scheduled for Victoria, BC. You will notice that there were two ceremonies indicated against Victoria. The first one scheduled for August 14 -18 was conducted on August 16 at Esquimalt - Victoria, and the next one is scheduled for October 16 - 20.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact_us/offices/itinerant.asp

Kindly keep me informed if you get any new information along the line. Thanks

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
Correct. I think the applications are being managed by the date they went into processing "In Process" rather than date received. Please check the link below to confirm the next Oath ceremony date scheduled for Victoria, BC. You will notice that there were two ceremonies indicated against Victoria. The first one scheduled for August 14 -18 was conducted on August 16 at Esquimalt - Victoria, and the next one is scheduled for October 16 - 20.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact_us/offices/itinerant.asp

Kindly keep me informed if you get any new information along the line. Thanks
Hey, I just got invited to an oath ceremony on the 20th of October in Victoria!

HolyPope

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for the information. I just checked now and saw the notification of Oath Ceremony for 20th of October in in Victoria . I almost lost hope before now.
My forum name used to be Battalion. See you there in 3 weeks. Cheers.