+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father is being detained and we're being deported!

unstopabl3

Dec 5, 2007
It's one of those moments when your family just shatters and you loose all hope. I am looking for a genuine answer to my problem so I urge you to post a serious reply.

We entered Canada 7 years ago through USA's border and submitted a refugee claim at the Canadian border. Our claim was rejected a few years later and we fought the decision but they denied us again and gave us a certain time to depart the country on our own or they will return us to USA forcefully. We are a family of 6 and were very scared ATM and didn't have any relatives or friends who guided us properly. We decided to stay in Canada illegally and didn't show up for the departure time/date.

All of the adults in my family (me, my sister, mom and dad) have been working part-time here and there to make ends meet for the past 5 years. My dad and mom have been paying tax and even getting the tax refunds. Neither me nor my 3 siblings have attended a school in over 5 years now. Recently my they caught my dad and detained him in a detention center in Toronto and had notified us of the same procedure which they told us 5 years ago. They have only detained my dad and asked us to show up to a hearing, which we did yesterday, and they have given us a temporarily release until we get our papers sorted out. My dad is still in detention and they are advising us that there are 98% chances that he will be sent to USA border and they will take care of him there, probably a 5 months detention before they deport him back home.

They told us if we get our tickets and get the paper work ready we might be able to go back home as a family but the chances are very slim because of the time shortage. So my question is how can we get my dad bailed from detention and go back home as a family. The immigration people told us that we can hire a consultant but we're not sure who to hire or how to go about this issue.

We all want to just go back home because everyone has told us there is no hope (legally) for us in Canada. We are willing to pay for our own tickets and arrange all the paper works, what should we do!

P.S If this is not in the right forum please move it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

unstopabl3 said:
It's one of those moments when your family just shatters and you loose all hope. I am looking for a genuine answer to my problem so I urge you to post a serious reply.

We entered Canada 7 years ago through USA's border and submitted a refugee claim at the Canadian border. Our claim was rejected a few years later and we fought the decision but they denied us again and gave us a certain time to depart the country on our own or they will return us to USA forcefully. We are a family of 6 and were very scared ATM and didn't have any relatives or friends who guided us properly. We decided to stay in Canada illegally and didn't show up for the departure time/date.

All of the adults in my family (me, my sister, mom and dad) have been working part-time here and there to make ends meet for the past 5 years. My dad and mom have been paying tax and even getting the tax refunds. Neither me nor my 3 siblings have attended a school in over 5 years now. Recently my they caught my dad and detained him in a detention center in Toronto and had notified us of the same procedure which they told us 5 years ago. They have only detained my dad and asked us to show up to a hearing, which we did yesterday, and they have given us a temporarily release until we get our papers sorted out. My dad is still in detention and they are advising us that there are 98% chances that he will be sent to USA border and they will take care of him there, probably a 5 months detention before they deport him back home.

They told us if we get our tickets and get the paper work ready we might be able to go back home as a family but the chances are very slim because of the time shortage. So my question is how can we get my dad bailed from detention and go back home as a family. The immigration people told us that we can hire a consultant but we're not sure who to hire or how to go about this issue.

We all want to just go back home because everyone has told us there is no hope (legally) for us in Canada. We are willing to pay for our own tickets and arrange all the paper works, what should we do!

P.S If this is not in the right forum please move it.
It is unlikely that you father will be released as he has previously failed to appear for removal. So unless CBSA arranges a removal for all the family to the US on the same day, where there is a good chance the whole family will be detained, you are better off arranging your own flights home.

PMM

T

TaaDow

Guess you should have just gone back 5 years ago instead of living such a hard illegal lifestyle here. I feel no pity for anyone caught abusing the system.

BYE!!!

unstopabl3

Dec 5, 2007
Thanks for the replies, we won't be detained because they have given us a temporary release because they are holding my dad.
I wanted to know if there is a way we can bail him out, mayb with a bond or a canadian citizen providing his garuntee or something?

"TaaDow" you disgust me, if you can't help someone don't make it worse for them than it already is.

T

TaaDow

and as a Canadian taxpayers who's tax dollars are being spent on dealing with your illegal activities, how should we feel about you? As an immigration officer who's decisions you've obviously decided to ignore, how should we feel about you?

No one is above the system.

I genuinly hope that you and your family are re-united wherever you're headed and that life becomes easier for you, but don't expect sympethy or pity while you're the ones who broke the rules.

unstopabl3

Dec 5, 2007
Both my dad and mom have been working for 7 years in Canada and both have been paying there taxes and getting tax refunds.
I know that it was wrong when they decided not to go back home the first time around but there were many genuine reasons why they did that. Even though we are not permanent residents of Canada we have been very civil, no criminal activities, no traffic tickets, not even once we had issues with police or other law departments, haven't conned anyone, don't owe anyone money and yet we have to leave just because we had no proper guidance. On othere hands I've seen criminals, cheats, frauds enjoying there lives in Canada and the so called "Law" let's them do that, how do you think that makes us feel?

I don't want you or anyone else to feel sorry or sympathy for us, I was merely asking for a suggestion, don't bite my head off for that.

P.S If you have no feelings, you're no human!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
TaaDow said:
and as a Canadian taxpayers who's tax dollars are being spent ...
This forum is intended to provide assistance to people who wish to immigrate. Therefore, your comments don't belong here.

Please find an "I-hate-immigrants" forum in the web and post there. I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms.

mc_dub

Aug 18, 2007
thaiguy said:
TaaDow said:
and as a Canadian taxpayers who's tax dollars are being spent ...
This forum is intended to provide assistance to people who wish to immigrate. Therefore, your comments don't belong here.

Please find an "I-hate-immigrants" forum in the web and post there. I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms.
that's a bit harsh, last I checked this was a forum for helping people who wish to come here legally rather than skipping the queue and breaking the law

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
It's a well deserved comment. This poster has already indicated that he/she now views all immigrants skeptically. And that from an immigration officer!

Potential immigrants come to this site to get advice. Having an immigration officer talk demeaningly about them will no doubt deter even some legitimate immigrants from applying. It's stereotyping and inappropriate in a forum whose purpose is to assist.

mc_dub

Aug 18, 2007
thaiguy said:
It's a well deserved comment. This poster has already indicated that he/she now views all immigrants skeptically. And that from an immigration officer!

Potential immigrants come to this site to get advice. Having an immigration officer talk demeaningly about them will no doubt deter even some legitimate immigrants from applying. It's stereotyping and inappropriate in a forum whose purpose is to assist.
How on earth do you get all of that from what he said? He only mentions the illegal activities and I would hope that his attitude towards illegal activities would make people think twice about coming here that way! At no point does he criticze anything other than the illegal aspect so you are being overly-sensitive in saying he has a skeptical view of ALL immigrants and where exactly does the stereotyping occur in his posts?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Actually I see some of his earlier posts have been modified. Good thing. He was talking about Indians marrying their own brothers and cousins to get into the country and how he now couldn't even look at an immigrant without being suspicious.

kamillaluv

Nov 21, 2007
This is disgusting!!!
You people if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at ALL!!!
People are trying to seek help and all you do is criticize. Of coarse its easy to say such things when you have never had such problems. Just remember you WEREN'T in Canada forever. And you're great great parents just snatched the land from the natives!!! Suddenly you have your pride. For your info Canada was built on Immigrants.
Cant stand you racists and your racist comments!!!

mc_dub

Aug 18, 2007
Can anyone point me out the racist comments in this thread? (given the fact those mentioned by thaiguy are not here) And if it was aimed at me I arrived here as an immigrant 2 weeks ago after jumping through hoops and having to leave twice (legally I might add) so you'll pardon me if I don't have any sympathy for people who seem to think they can just ignore the law because it doesn't suit their wishes