+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Fast Track" application testimony (Buffalo, NY)

doohdoohhead

Jul 29, 2009
Hello all,

Im glad I found this forum; I would love to get some feedback on what you may think is happening with my case.
I am a student in Canada finishing a Master's. I applied in January 2009 under the skilled worker category (sent the full app to Buffalo, NY -- right before they were being sent to Nova Scotia). According to the letter of recognition I received, the supposed fast track would take about 6-12 months if one met one of the three eligibility criteria. I met two of them. Anyway, I have been waiting 6 months with no news.

I have a couple of issues Im wondering if you can advise me on:

1. Does anyone know about the processing times for apps sent in after the Feb date? (The CIC website has no information about processing times since "the volume of applications isnt sufficient" to give an estimate. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. Initially on the CIC website my status appeared as IN PROCESS but about 4 months ago it changed to APPLICATION RECEIVED and when I click on this it simply says the date when my application was received. Can anyone fill me in on what this may mean?

I know that other people have been waiting a long time, so I dont want to complain. But it's frustrating when CIC claims that the applications will be processed in a certain time and you're expecting news or updates.

Thanks everyone for your input!

-DDH

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
According to Trackitt Buffalo hasnt approved a single case post 2008 August!!

doohdoohhead

Jul 29, 2009
thanks for the info,

Im glad I found this forum, Ive done lots of research and Ive never even hear of "Trackitt". WHat is that?

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
Trackitt.com

Its site for tracking emigration cases.
Open a case for your self and Compare yours against others.
Its pretty self explanatory, if not post questions here

doohdoohhead

Jul 29, 2009
thanks, another reason I worry is that Im not sure if mine is lost in the limbo of the pre-Nova Scotia applications.
I sent my app directly to Buffalo (the first week of Jan 09), but shortly thereafter it was mandatory to send them to NS.

I wonder if the ones sent to NS first will be processed faster than ones like mine.

Does anyone know if the apps sent to Buffalo (before Nova Scotia) are being sent to Nova Scotia anyway for the pre-screening?

-DDH

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
I dont think ur application was directed to sydney, NS as if it was you would have certainly received a reply within 2 months.

Its just that buffalo is taking some time than other offices in fast track.

doohdoohhead

Jul 29, 2009
reachmenow said:
I dont think ur application was directed to sydney, NS as if it was you would have certainly received a reply within 2 months.

Its just that buffalo is taking some time than other offices in fast track.
Yeah youre right.

I guess what I meant was that I wonder if apps that are being sent to NS are being processed before the ones that were sent directly to Buffalo, even if those were sent earlier.

-DDH