+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC2FSW said:
Hello: I am currently work in Quebec and I may have an Arranged Employment Offer (AEO) from my current employer. Can I apply FSW? Thanks a lot!
FSW are for people who don't want to live in Quebec. You should try for Quebec skilled worker instead.

nazarwaheed

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2011
Doc's Request.
with the applications
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Leon said:
The National Occupation Classification (NOC) is a system giving every occupation a 4 digit code and describing their job duties. That is what has been changed. You can see it at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Welcome.aspx (still has 2006 in the name but it will take you to the new one). I have no idea which descriptions they have changed.

The changes to the NOC have however absolutely nothing to do with the list of 29 most wanted by immigration. The list of 29 most wanted NOC's was published on July 1st 2011 along with its CAPs. The CAPs will be reset July 1st 2012 and if they change the list, they will most likely do it then too.
thanks Leon

+1 for you

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazarwaheed said:
on the cic website i have found this

On January 31, 2012, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) and Statistics Canada replaced the 2006 edition of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) with a 2011 version. For the purposes of the Federal Skilled Worker Program list of eligible occupations, new applicants are advised to refer to the HRSDC website for the latest job descriptions and duties for each NOC.

what is this all about Leon ?

thanks
would you please to share the reference of those for all members?!!!

CEC2FSW

Feb 4, 2012
Hi Leon: Thank you for the reply very much. My problem is that I do not have knowledge of French. I applied CEC for the Skill Level A but refused due to low IELTS results: S5.5, L5.5, R5.0, W6.0. I am going to take another test in March and reapply CEC in April. Do you think I need apply FSW now parallelly with CEC? I must find an AEO from an insititue outerside Quebec? CEC and FSW with AEO, which one is faster and easier for me? Best regards. Johnson
Leon said:
FSW are for people who don't want to live in Quebec. You should try for Quebec skilled worker instead.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC2FSW said:
Hi Leon: Thank you for the reply very much. My problem is that I do not have knowledge of French. I applied CEC for the Skill Level A but refused due to low IELTS results: S5.5, L5.5, R5.0, W6.0. I am going to take another test in March and reapply CEC in April. Do you think I need apply FSW now parallelly with CEC? I must find an AEO from an insititue outerside Quebec? CEC and FSW with AEO, which one is faster and easier for me? Best regards. Johnson
I don't think you can apply for FSW with AEO from Quebec because FSW is for people who plan to live outside Quebec. I think you can apply for CEC with job experience from Quebec as long as you promise to leave Quebec and live in British Canada. CEC is also not for people in Quebec. Have you checked if you qualify as Quebec skilled worker without French? A job offer will help you get points.

CEC2FSW

Feb 4, 2012
Leon said:
I don't think you can apply for FSW with AEO from Quebec because FSW is for people who plan to live outside Quebec. I think you can apply for CEC with job experience from Quebec as long as you promise to leave Quebec and live in British Canada. CEC is also not for people in Quebec. Have you checked if you qualify as Quebec skilled worker without French? A job offer will help you get points.
Hello Leon: Thanks again! But I still would like to know your opinion on the following three possible options:
1. QSW under PEQ: I need to obtain French certification which may be available in April.
2. CEC: Refused due to low IELTS: I need to take new test which may be done in March.
3. FSW with AEO: I need find an AEO outside Quebec, which may be available in February.
Which stream is faster and easier?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSWCIO said:
Can't I live in Quebec with fsw visa?
Once you have gained your PR, you can move to Quebec if you wish but with an FSW visa, you should not land in Quebec unless you have a transfer ticket taking you out of there, that is if you wish to avoid trouble with immigration.

CEC2FSW said:
Hello Leon: Thanks again! But I still would like to know your opinion on the following three possible options:
1. QSW under PEQ: I need to obtain French certification which may be available in April.
2. CEC: Refused due to low IELTS: I need to take new test which may be done in March.
3. FSW with AEO: I need find an AEO outside Quebec, which may be available in February.
Which stream is faster and easier?
You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp depending on which country you apply through. CEC doesn't have any options for country. You can apply through your homeland or if you are in Canada on a work permit, you can choose to apply through Buffalo if it is faster for you. CEC is slightly easier than the other classes based on that with CEC, the requirements are simple and you either qualify or you don't but with the skilled worker classes, they have points systems and so the number of points you get for each category could be open to interpretation.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Leon said:
Once you have gained your PR, you can move to Quebec if you wish but with an FSW visa, you should not land in Quebec unless you have a transfer ticket taking you out of there, that is if you wish to avoid trouble with immigration.

+1 for u.
I will land anywhere but not in Quebec. I don't want any problem with immigration. :p :p :p :p thanks
I need +1 :(

CEC2FSW

Feb 4, 2012
Leon said:
You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp depending on which country you apply through. CEC doesn't have any options for country. You can apply through your homeland or if you are in Canada on a work permit, you can choose to apply through Buffalo if it is faster for you. CEC is slightly easier than the other classes based on that with CEC, the requirements are simple and you either qualify or you don't but with the skilled worker classes, they have points systems and so the number of points you get for each category could be open to interpretation.
Thank you, Leon. I am working in Canada on a work permit. I applied CEC through Buffalo and got refusal only due to low IELTS score. If I got sufficient score I will reapply CEC in April. It will take another 15 months, or it should be fast? Would you please give me advice on reapplication? By the way, I made a self-assessment test and estimated 82 points for FSW with AEO. I have no idea with choice among CEC, FSW with AEO, and even QSW under PEQ, which one is faster and easier for me? Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC2FSW said:
Thank you, Leon. I am working in Canada on a work permit. I applied CEC through Buffalo and got refusal only due to low IELTS score. If I got sufficient score I will reapply CEC in April. It will take another 15 months, or it should be fast? Would you please give me advice on reapplication? By the way, I made a self-assessment test and estimated 82 points for FSW with AEO. I have no idea with choice among CEC, FSW with AEO, and even QSW under PEQ, which one is faster and easier for me? Thanks.
If you apply for CEC again, it will probably take another 15 months. As for the other processing times, please refer to the link I gave you. If you click on country, you can compare the processing times in Buffalo vs. in your home country.

opekkha80

Feb 6, 2012
I want to apply to canada. I am single and the only member of my family is my mom. I cannot leave her in my home country. Can I apply taking my mother as dependant?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
opekkha80 said:
I want to apply to canada. I am single and the only member of my family is my mom. I cannot leave her in my home country. Can I apply taking my mother as dependant?
No, that is not possible. Once you are in Canada and have managed to make enough money to meet the income requirements, you can apply for your mothers super visa to join you, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

Currently they are closed for sponsoring parents for PR but when they open that again, you would be able to sponsor your mother for PR if she is healthy.

CEC2FSW

Feb 4, 2012
Leon said:
If you apply for CEC again, it will probably take another 15 months. As for the other processing times, please refer to the link I gave you. If you click on country, you can compare the processing times in Buffalo vs. in your home country.
Thanks a lot.