+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

Mar 13, 2011
hi im an archtect graduated in 7/ 2010 ,,,, my father own an construction firm and i have been working with him since 2007 as part-time architect ( before my graduation),,,,, will they consider my experience since 2007 or they will only calculate the period after graduation???
and if they will calculate all the period ,,what are the papers i need to prove it
thanx inadvance .

nazarwaheed

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2011
Doc's Request.
with the applications
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
minaguirguis43 said:
hi im an archtect graduated in 7/ 2010 ,,,, my father own an construction firm and i have been working with him since 2007 as part-time architect ( before my graduation),,,,, will they consider my experience since 2007 or they will only calculate the period after graduation???
and if they will calculate all the period ,,what are the papers i need to prove it
thanx inadvance .
After you graduated, you became an architect. It cannot be counted before that.
Papers you need are clearly mentioned on cic website.
e.g. contract letters, LORs, business card your LOR provider (if available), salary letter.

zeecee

Oct 16, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
PER 11-JAN-2012
IELTS Request
8 band
File Transfer...
22 June 2012
Med's Request
30 August 2012
Med's Done....
21 October (3rd line)
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 18.03.2013 DM on 11.4.2013 waiting for PPR2
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My application reached CIC on 19th October under NOC 3112. Till yet i havent got any reply.
The current Application count on CIC website has reached 262.

I wonder what are the chances that we will make it within the current CAP of 3112.

Now i am getting worried.

Regards

Zeeshan

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arc65 said:
dubaiite

hi can i contact u for some details as i m planing to apply for 7241 my contact is 0506782211
please remove Tel number as it is private for each person

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
zeecee said:
My application reached CIC on 19th October under NOC 3112. Till yet i havent got any reply.
The current Application count on CIC website has reached 262.

I wonder what are the chances that we will make it within the current CAP of 3112.

Now i am getting worried.

Regards

Zeeshan
just follow July 01 applicants thread, you will be fine enough,okay?

Spicey

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2010---------- re-meds (24-2-2012)
Interview........
sept 2011... Case Approved...
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
27th jan 13 n became permanent resident...
nazarwaheed said:
After you graduated, you became an architect. It cannot be counted before that.
Papers you need are clearly mentioned on cic website.
e.g. contract letters, LORs, business card your LOR provider (if available), salary letter.
What rubbish. Don't misguide people. Your experience before you completed your graduation wil be counted aswell as long as it is in the list of categories mentioned by Cic..

nazarwaheed

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2011
Doc's Request.
with the applications
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
sohail-khan86 said:
What rubbish. Don't misguide people. Your experience before you completed your graduation wil be counted aswell as long as it is in the list of categories mentioned by Cic..
Mr. Watch your tone there. I am telling according to my experience. One of my friends got his 2 years lessen which was before he actually became a graduate engineer.

This is a logical reason. How can you work as any qualified person when you actually are not. Anyhow it is up to you. I am here just to give my honest advice. As this is the only and the best place to share our experiences.

sh_humayun

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
08-02-2013
nazarwaheed said:
Mr. Watch your tone there. I am telling according to my experience. One of my friends got his 2 years lessen which was before he actually became a graduate engineer.

This is a logical reason. How can you work as any qualified person when you actually are not. Anyhow it is up to you. I am here just to give my honest advice. As this is the only and the best place to share our experiences.
i agree with you according to my opinion

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Experience in skilled occupations before graduating can be counted towards points if they believe you have been doing that job. Since you need a degree to be able to work as an architect, I would assume that they would not count experience you say you gained before you graduated. If you had experience in another skilled job before you graduated, one that you were qualified to do, you could get points for that though.

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
You can't get points for the experience you had before graduation? Really says who? I had experience of two years before graduating and I have been given full score for that...and my case has been approved so I guess people who say its not possible don't have a qualified answer.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
nazarwaheed said:

agreed..if you apply under an occupation which is regulatory in canada, your work exp before completing your graduation won't be counted.

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
Dr.Hasib said:
agreed..if you apply under an occupation which is regulatory in canada, your work exp before completing your graduation won't be counted.
Than i guess engineers might not be regulated in Canada since I am a electrical engineer by profession and my experience during my studies were counted as valid.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohail-khan86 said:
Than i guess engineers might not be regulated in Canada since I am a electrical engineer by profession and my experience during my studies were counted as valid.
Maybe you were lucky and the visa officer who processed your file was a bit absent minded at the time. Engineering should be regulated and a person who is not an engineer shouldn't be able to claim points for having worked as one and the visa officer should have realized that.

A clear cut example would be somebody like a dentist. Let us say that a person who is a dentist applies for their immigration. Let us say that before they went to medical school, they claimed to have worked as a dentist for 2 years. Should they get points for that? Now what if they never went to medical school, they just claim to have worked as a dentist for 2 years without any training and should get points for it. Should they?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Leon said:
Maybe you were lucky and the visa officer who processed your file was a bit absent minded at the time. Engineering should be regulated and a person who is not an engineer shouldn't be able to claim points for having worked as one and the visa officer should have realized that.

A clear cut example would be somebody like a dentist. Let us say that a person who is a dentist applies for their immigration. Let us say that before they went to medical school, they claimed to have worked as a dentist for 2 years. Should they get points for that? Now what if they never went to medical school, they just claim to have worked as a dentist for 2 years without any training and should get points for it. Should they?
exactly..even in my country we(dentists) need our licence to practice so, Dentists or medical doctors can't have work exp prior completion of their graduation. However, i know IT professionals can show part time work exp which is gained during their graduation, not sure about electrical engineer

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
Then I believe you are implying that all officers are absent minded. Since my case has been approved two times. First I got medicals without interview. Than I was called for interview where after checking every detail the officer approved it for the final time. There is a huge difference between dentist and an electrical engineer.. So don't mingle them together..