+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Visitor Visa from India

Rabbit123

Dec 16, 2016
Hi,

Most of my questions have been answered in this post. Thanks all. However have few more questions:

1. Apply visa Online from India - I am submitting all the documents online, however do I need to send the passport to someone for Visa stamping. If yes, will I get a notification as to when to send. Or it going to be completely paperless visa?
2. My parents do not have marriage certificate, however their passports have each other's name as spouse. To prove their marriage, is this sufficient, I read in the forum that an affidavit is required, is it really necessary?
3. And my passport has their names as parents. However my passport has my mother's maiden name and my mother's passport has the current family name. Do I need to submit any other form for this
4. Also, the tickets are mandatory for applying the visa. Is it really required to book the tickets.

Thanks,
Prathibha

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Prathibha,

1. You will get a passport request in the MyCIC account. It is not a completely paperless visa but a visa counterfoil in the passport.

2. Affidavit is not required. Their passports stating each other as spouse will suffice.

3. Does your birth certificate have your mother's maiden name or married name? You can submit that instead

4. Do NOT buy plane tickets until TRVs are issued. You can submit provisional tickets/flight itinerary and mention that confirmed tickets will be purchased when TRVs are issued

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rabbit123 said:
I dont have my birth certificate. Any suggestions as to what to do now?
Just asking out of curiosity: How was a passport issued to you if you do not have a birth certificate?

For your mom: You must get an affidavit which states the person mentioned as your mom in your passport (maiden name) and your mom's passport (family name) are the same person

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Bryanna said:
Just asking out of curiosity: How was a passport issued to you if you do not have a birth certificate?

For your mom: You must get an affidavit which states the person mentioned as your mom in your passport (maiden name) and your mom's passport (family name) are the same person
Hi Bryanna can you please reply to my message

Rabbit123

Dec 16, 2016
Thanks Byranna! I am in Canada now, I cannot trace my birth certificate, I assume, I have kept it at a very very safe place in India and forgot where it is. Hence I do not have the birth certificate.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rabbit123 said:
Thanks Byranna! I am in Canada now, I cannot trace my birth certificate, I assume, I have kept it at a very very safe place in India and forgot where it is. Hence I do not have the birth certificate.
I've also had situations where things were kept in very safe places for me LOL

You may want to contact the local council corporation/ village authorities/ hospital where you were born. They will be able to issue a duplicate birth certificate as you may need it for some other purpose too

Rabbit123

Dec 16, 2016
Byranna - Thanks for the details. I have been able to get all the documents.
One more question:
I am applying online for my parents visa, should we sign and upload the "Family Information" application? or just fill it and upload and sign it while submitting the passport. The Visa application IMM5257E, states that IMM5257E needs to be signed during the passport submission.

Regards,
Prathibha

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Prathibha,

Each applicant must sign the 'Family Information' form at the time of applying. If this form is not signed then the application will be considered as incomplete and returned to you

Cheers

Rabbit123

Dec 16, 2016
Thanks Byranna.

There are 3 documents that require signature
1. Visa application - IMM5257E for each of the applicants - need not be signed while appling online. needs signature while submitting the passport
2. IMM5713E - Family Representation - signed by each applicant and the primary applicant
3. Family Information - this form has the list of spouse, children, parents and siblings - Do we need to sign this while applying online?

Regards,
Prathibha

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do follow the instructions as you complete the online application. If you are applying online, you do not need to hand sign this form. You will sign these forms electronically at the end