+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship-Passport Request

Mahan.royan

Apr 9, 2018
Hello,
We recently received "Request for Submission of Passports" email from Canadian Embassy in Ankara.
My mother is the main applicant and my father and I are the dependents in this case. My parents are in Iran and they have to submit their passports to a VAC office in Turkey to receive their confirmation of permanent residency. I am currently in Canada on work permit and I want to submit my passport and photos to the CPC in Ottawa.
what i am worried about is that they asked us to submit the whole documents in a single package which is not possible for our case.
I emailed both CPC and Canadian Embassy in Ankara, still have not received a response.
Could you please advise if I can simply send my documents to the CPC in Ottawa and if this is a normal procedure?

SGrewal99

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
In the letter your mom got, it probably mentions to contact them if there is a change in circumstances regarding either one of you. Your address has changed. Once your mom notifies them my guess is they will arrange for your copr to be issued from Ottawa. I think you can't become a pr before the principal applicant hasn't landed yet. The immigration dept. of your Embassy will take care of that once they have been notified of the changes. Has she tried contacting them or visited the vac yet?

Mahan.royan

Apr 9, 2018
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, she emailed them couple of times, still no response. My parents submitted their passports and photos to an agency in Iran last week. that agency will submit their passport to a VAC in turkey. I asked my mom to include a letter beside their documents explaining my situation.
She also included a copy of my passport, my work permit and my canadian driving license.
Im not sure if I should wait until i get a confirmation from Ankara or just submit my own documents to CPC OTTAWA regardless.
We received the letter on Oct 3rd and they gave us only 30 days to submit.

SGrewal99

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
You should wait. Your mom is the principal applicant. They can't issue anything to you on your own as she is the main person. Chances are that when she lands she could put you down as her non accompanying dependant on her copr. That would lead the way for you to submit your passport to Ottawa as the principal applicant has landed and become a pr. It usually takes about 7-10 days for vfs to have the passport back to you. Don't worry. Just wait and see what they tell your mom.