+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship - filling form IMM0008 - Question re. dependants

JohnWick07

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
I am filling the IMM0008 for on behalf of my parents. So one parent is the principal applicant, other spouse will be the dependent. My sibling and I (28 years and 32 years old) are already in Canada and both are PR here. Do I list my sibling as a dependent as well in the form? or will there be just 1 dependent i.e. the spouse. Thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am filling the IMM0008 for on behalf of my parents. So one parent is the principal applicant, other spouse will be the dependent. My sibling and I (28 years and 32 years old) are already in Canada and both are PR here. Do I list my sibling as a dependent as well in the form? or will there be just 1 dependent i.e. the spouse. Thanks in advance.
Your sibling is not their dependent.

But both of you are their children. So your names should be in the additional family form. 5645

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Other children should not be dependents on that form. On 'other family infomration' form, both children will be shown.

I'd recommend you include a letter that neither child is a dependent because both are above age limit and financially independent (and married if applicable.)

JohnWick07

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Yes, I provided the details in other family information document. Just wanted to confirm if there was a need to list here too. Thanks

Other children should not be dependents on that form. On 'other family infomration' form, both children will be shown.

I'd recommend you include a letter that neither child is a dependent because both are above age limit and financially independent (and married if applicable.)