+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family PR thru wife, currently on H1B, can I still work in US?

agm14

Aug 10, 2017
We are about to get our Canadian PR: my wife being the primary applicant. I am working on a H1b visa and my wife is on an H4 in the US. We live at Lockport near Niagara falls currently. Would appreciate any help on the below situation/questions:

1. Once we receive our CoPR and stamped Passports, if we aren't ready to land in Canada but need to travel to Canada, can we still us our Canadian Visitor VISA and travel to Canada and back. Or are to forced to set foot in Canada through landing procedures itself once you get a CoPR.

2. Once we land in Canada, can I still work with my US company on an H1b and commute across the border daily? Will I face any problem at the border? This way my residency days count as I travel out of Canada and back the same day, while retaining our only source of income until either one or both of us find a join in Canada.

3. Same question as point # 2 but from a US stand point. Am i allowed to work in the US on an H1b both reside in Canada and commute daily for work? Does it cause tax complication or issues with legality.

I searched the forum to see if other folks had asked this question, while i found certain similarities i did not get an answer specific to my situation.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my questions and any answers/ suggestions are greatly appreciated.