+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family PR obligations issue

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

Me and my family completed soft landing and received our PR last month. Now i am planning to move to Canada after a year but for some personal reasons my family will not be able to move with me and their high likely chances that they will not be able to meet the deadline of 2 years stay in Canada to renew PR. Can we voluntarily forfiet their PR and only i live in Canada? Later when they are ready can i reapply for their PR again later when they are ready?

Please advise

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

Me and my family completed soft landing and received our PR last month. Now i am planning to move to Canada after a year but for some personal reasons my family will not be able to move with me and their high likely chances that they will not be able to meet the deadline of 2 years stay in Canada to renew PR. Can we voluntarily forfiet their PR and only i live in Canada? Later when they are ready can i reapply for their PR again later when they are ready?

Please advise
In theory, assuming that both you and they are still eligible for sponsorship, yes.