+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family member applying for PR but PR not in Canada!!!!!

stanley.TK

Jul 5, 2011
I have a question for all experienced folks. My brother is Canadian PR but presently working in USA and I want to apply for PR under skilled worker category. Can I use his points under my application? He will be back to Canada after few months but Can I send application right now without waiting him to return to Canada? What if:

-I send my application and during process he had to stay few more months in US so will there be any issues?
-Brother has lived in Canada but the nature of job in US doesn't allow him to immediately leave and move to his Canadian address. He has place in Canada to live.
-How do I send application to CIO sydney NS with this situation where Brother's PR point could be awarded for my application regardless of his current presence in Canada?

Please reply your experience if anyone has gone through this kind of process.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He needs to be living in Canada for you to get points. If they find out at some point that he is living in the US, you will lose his points and that could cause your application to get refused if you don't have the pass mark any more.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
stanley.TK said:
I have a question for all experienced folks. My brother is Canadian PR but presently working in USA and I want to apply for PR under skilled worker category. Can I use his points under my application? He will be back to Canada after few months but Can I send application right now without waiting him to return to Canada? What if:

-I send my application and during process he had to stay few more months in US so will there be any issues?
-Brother has lived in Canada but the nature of job in US doesn't allow him to immediately leave and move to his Canadian address. He has place in Canada to live.
-How do I send application to CIO sydney NS with this situation where Brother's PR point could be awarded for my application regardless of his current presence in Canada?

Please reply your experience if anyone has gone through this kind of process.
Person must be living in Canada while u claim points. Presence is proved by way of address of residence, latest utility bills of residence, tax return, etc etc. If u claim points for ur relationship and person is not settled, u will loose points and money for application
gud luk
asyousuf

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
The main thing is what is his status in USA....... IF visitor then do not worry and apply for , If he is in a business visa then also there is not such big issue, but if he is a green card holder then yes you have to ask him to be in canada....

But i think as per my exp there wont be much trouble ...

All the best for filling and file the earliest....

Regards,

stanley.TK

Jul 5, 2011
bhaveshenee said:
The main thing is what is his status in USA....... IF visitor then do not worry and apply for , If he is in a business visa then also there is not such big issue, but if he is a green card holder then yes you have to ask him to be in canada....

But i think as per my exp there wont be much trouble ...

All the best for filling and file the earliest....

Regards,
My brother is on H1B and he recently got his PR in 2010 and finished his landing in December 2010 and moved to US because of his H1B job. Now in the meantime, I appeared in IELTS and got score etc so I was planning to file application but the fact is that he will move in coming months but specific date is not decided. He has an address which is kind of known because his friends live there and after moving he will also be living at that address. Anyone would put more light on this thing??? How should I file application without full confidence. Should I wait until he moves??