+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Information Details

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
I am applying for Visitor Visa for with my wife and son.my brother is permanent resident and he is send me a invitation letter to visit him.

my parents are in usa without status, my brother has shown my parents residence in usa on his PR application
year ago.

NOW what should I show in my TRV application?, if I show then in usa does it will effect in my TRV application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am applying for Visitor Visa for with my wife and son.my brother is permanent resident and he is send me a invitation letter to visit him.

my parents are in usa without status, my brother has shown my parents residence in usa on his PR application
year ago.

NOW what should I show in my TRV application?, if I show then in usa does it will effect in my TRV application.
Your parents' undocumented status did not affect your brother's PR application. It won't affect your TRV application too.

Regardless of their status, you must declare your parents in the Family Information form. US and Canada share immigration data + your brother has declared them. Failure to declare material facts could be viewed as misrepresentation

Reactions: Johnny1989

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
I need your Advice for documents from my brother side

He is in Canada from 2013 almost 5 years haven't return to India since then.
he is inviting me to visit him and he is providing me below docs

Invitation letter
passport copy
PR card
T-4/Notice of assessments last 3 years
employment letter
bank summery

and some addition docs which I am not sure I should submit or not
provincial ID with Address
Hydro Bill with his name and address
Cable Bill with his name and address

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Invitation letter
passport copy
PR card
T-4/Notice of assessments last 3 years
employment letter
bank summery
Okay.

and some addition docs which I am not sure I should submit or not
provincial ID with Address
Hydro Bill with his name and address
Cable Bill with his name and address
Not required.

Your documents + purpose of visit, etc would matter more

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Hi, Bryanna

my brother is sending me an invitation letter, which includes reason he wants to meet with his brother and family after long time.

In the invitation letter he will also mention about, I am managing family business, other properties I own and rented property.
should I make a cover letter on my side stating regarding visit, my business and property for my home country ties
or its not required.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
my brother is sending me an invitation letter, which includes reason he wants to meet with his brother and family after long time.
For how long would you be visiting?

In the invitation letter he will also mention about, I am managing family business, other properties I own and rented property.
should I make a cover letter on my side stating regarding visit, my business and property for my home country ties
or its not required.
His invitation letter is only a supplementary document that is not binding on him per se. You would need to include a whole bunch of documents to demonstrate your established ties to your home country (family business, property ownership, etc). Do post the list if you need advice.

Yes, it is a good idea to include a cover letter. I have suggested one here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bryanna-request-your-guidance.554200/

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
I will be visiting for 3 weeks mid may to mid june 2018.

And about the hone ties, i have

Residential property document on my name

Joint family business on my dad name

Rental shop on my dad name

Inheritance land on my grandfather name

A part from this my bank statement and tax paper and my wife bank statement and tax paper.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I will be visiting for 3 weeks mid may to mid june 2018.
Do prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary (sightseeing, spending time with your brother, etc) with expense estimates. Your finances must be able to pay for this itinerary + airfare.

Residential property document on my name
Okay

Joint family business on my dad name
Okay

Rental shop on my dad name

Inheritance land on my grandfather name
Both of these cannot be shown as reasons for you to return to your home country.... unless you are legally authorized to represent your dad/grandfather

A part from this my bank statement and tax paper and my wife bank statement and tax paper.
You may want to post the lists of documents you intend to submit for yourself and your wife

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Hi, Bryanna

I got rejected with the following reason

Grounds for refusal:

· travel history

· You have not demonstrated sufficient establishment to your country of residence for the purpose, length of stay and expense of travel.

Don't know were did it gone wrong but I didn't put the cover letter has I put this file in very hurry.

if you can give list of reason to which I got rejected so I can improve for second time.

Now my brother will apply for GCMS notes and then will improve the case on the basis of notes.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Now my brother will apply for GCMS notes and then will improve the case on the basis of notes.
Haste makes waste! Anyways.

I recommend you apply for GCMS notes before reapplying:
1. If your refusal has something to do with your parents then you would need to rethink about reapplying.

2. If the refusal notes don't mention your parents then I recommend not applying for your son. Of course, you'd need to post more details (purpose of your visit + ties + financial situation etc) to get better advice

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Hi, Bryanna

So applied for GCMS notes, lets wait for the notes for the reason.

just want to know is there any different kind of service in getting GCMS notes.

Applied through CIC website, charged $5 per applicant.
In the last option selected, Application status/reason for refusal/Electronic notes and put the comments provide me all the notes associated with this application.

so is it correct procedure for Appling GCMS notes.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, Bryanna

So applied for GCMS notes, lets wait for the notes for the reason.

just want to know is there any different kind of service in getting GCMS notes.

Applied through CIC website, charged $5 per applicant.
In the last option selected, Application status/reason for refusal/Electronic notes and put the comments provide me all the notes associated with this application.

so is it correct procedure for Appling GCMS notes.
I assume your brother applied for GCMS notes on your behalf.

Yes, you have applied correctly

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Yes my brother did it.

do you believe that because high volume in application there are high chance of rejection

because when i applied it was 12 to 15 days waiting time and when i got email it was 23 days.