+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family composition change

yashwanth.258

Star Member
Oct 10, 2015
Hi guys,

I got PPR in last month and I'm married this month. I just need few details related to next process :

how to inform CIC about family composition change ?
what are the necessary steps i have to take before informing CIC ( like collecting documents ) ?
what is the procedure after informing CIC ?
what is the timeframe do CIC give to submit all the documents ?

thanks in advance

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
yashwanth.258 said:
Hi guys,

I got PPR in last month and I'm married this month. I just need few details related to next process :

how to inform CIC about family composition change ?
what are the necessary steps i have to take before informing CIC ( like collecting documents ) ?
what is the procedure after informing CIC ?
what is the timeframe do CIC give to submit all the documents ?

thanks in advance
You will find some information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

From the website,

All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform CIC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).

Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.

Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide CIC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570.00 KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

To inform CIC, you will need to send a Case-Specific Enquiry form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
You'll need to complete the Additional Family Information form and pay the fees before informing CIC. You can attach the form and payment receipt to the CSE. Your spouse will be required to do a medical exam and submit a police certificate as well. I am not sure if this is before the CSE is sent or after CIC receives the CSE. Maybe others with more experience can confirm the timeline and documents required.

I hope this helps!

lakho84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-06-2017
Med's Request
waiting
You will find some information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

From the website,

All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform CIC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).

Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.

Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide CIC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570.00 KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

To inform CIC, you will need to send a Case-Specific Enquiry form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
You'll need to complete the Additional Family Information form and pay the fees before informing CIC. You can attach the form and payment receipt to the CSE. Your spouse will be required to do a medical exam and submit a police certificate as well. I am not sure if this is before the CSE is sent or after CIC receives the CSE. Maybe others with more experience can confirm the timeline and documents required.

I hope this helps!
But what about if father married to another women when mother died? Is this still considered as a family composition?