+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Sponsorship-husbands family

thecoop

Jul 30, 2007
Hello, I read these forums regularly but this is my first post.

I am a Canadian, sponsoring my husband from the UK. He was sent to a care home (children's aid) when he was 8 and then returned to his father when he was 16. He has 2 brothers and 1 sister that stayed with the father while my husband was in care. My husband has no contact whatsoever with any of his family members. His father passed away in 1984. He is not even able to provide birthdates for his parents or siblings, let alone pictures or addresses. Is this going to affect our application? One of his brothers passed away this past October and my husband isn't even mentioned in the death notice. We have kept a copy of it to show that there is no family contact. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can explain our situation on our application.

Thank you for your time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have him write what he knows and write a cover letter to explain what he doesn't know and why.

M

med

the best thing is to write a cover letter and explain in details everything abt his family and since u have a paper that prooves that he has no contact with them then that will be enough ; dont worr too much abt this . its not a problem good luck

thecoop

Jul 30, 2007
Thank you for your answers. I am still a little concerned that the government is going to think something is going on because he doesn't have any family history. I guess there's not much we can do but submit the forms and pray!

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Your husband's family history is sadly not uncommon. I am sure CIC hears stranger stories than that. Do as they have explained to you , as best as you can, and you will be fine. Support your claim as best and concise as you can:)