mr-canada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

i have got my PR visa (spouse sponsorship) and will be landing at Pearson in a weeks time. I wanted to know a few things, that is not very clear to me..... inspite of having read the other threads.... so if you all could please help me .... twill be highly appreciated.....

1. when i land 1st time, i do not have all my funds with me already..... so how do i show POF?
2. as POF, bank statements that are emailed to me, can i print those and take with me?
3. Jewellery - i have some of it with me (i live in Middle east) whilst the rest is in India.... and i dont have any pics or details of those items.... if and how can i take all of that jewellery with me .... the next time that i get to canada....
4. do i need to get health insurance for myself ... since my health card will take sometime ..... ?

actually i am going to canada for my landing .... and once i get my PR card, i will be back to complete my notice period in my office and once all of that is done, i will be going back to canada...... so all of my things will not go with me this time

could all the senior/experienced/knowlegeable friends help me out with this......

thank you in advance ..... really looking forward to your replies.

mrs. canada

mr-canada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
come on people..... pls help me ........ tell me what you think.... and if you know anyhting in this matter..... i really need your hep, advise and suggestions ......

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(You posted this thread early on a Sunday morning. There's no need to bump it just because you didn't get a response within an hour.)

If you're being sponsored under the family class as a spouse, you don't actually need to show that you have a lot of money. I think I had about $120 on me when I landed.

You should put the jewelry on your goods to follow list (form B4/B4A).

Yes, you should get travel health insurance for the three months before you are eligible for OHIP.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
if u do plan to return to UAE soon after i strongly recommend that u'll stay in Canada until u get the PR card and then leave; mailing could not be so secure especially for such an important document

as for health insurance, yes it is good idea to have some private insurance until u get the provincial one (it could take around 2-3 months); also, most of these insurances are for emergency only, not for ongoing treatments; i'm from Quebec and i know this one (Quebec based but it's all over Canada); they r good and reliable from my experience:

http://www.qc.croixbleue.ca/index.en.html

also it is better to apply for the provincial health insurance in the moment when u move permanently to Canada; otherwise, by the book, u need to let them know each time u leave Canada, especially if it's for longer periods and u don't know when u go back - at least that's how it works for Quebec