+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Date of Application: 2023-11-29
AOR Received: no yet :confused:
I have heard of a return from the 11th of December.

I believe they are moving with returns right now. Most officers that have been assigned these applications must be on vacation. While the officers that are working cannot move too far ahead in terms of AORs yet as this is a first in first out program.

So, the officers that are still working have probably been told to move on with returns, because if the application is incomplete, it was never first in to begin with and so they can return it to clear up their database.

Once all the officers return, probably like the one that has been assigned to your case, we will see more movement from earlier dates and hopefully more AORs. This is just my opinion, no official word on this.

Though if you think you might have missed a document or made a mistake, I would advise you to send a webform as soon as possible. I have heard that the anchors can call IRCC and have them track the applications through their UCI, this is not verified though. Even applications without AOR are assigned a temporary application number, if you can some how get this number and mention it on your webform. It will be easier for the officers to track your application and attach the document. Please keep in mind though that even if they attach the document to the application, it does not guarantee that the officer reviewing your application will consider it as part of your application. Worth a try either way.

If you know your application is complete, you have nothing to worry about. The very best of luck, I am sure you will hear back soon!

• Love
Reactions: cristina arrubla

frange

May 25, 2018
My brother did receive his AOR for the humanitarian program.
For personal reasons, he did not want to travel with his family.
As such, his family was declared as non accompanying.
Now, he changes his mind and want to travel with his family.
How he can handle this? What the steps are in order to do that.

NB: He already declared all the family members and provided all the information regarding them.
He ONLY declared them as NON ACCOMPANYING.
Now, he wants them to travel with him by using the privilege and benefits of the humanitarian program.

Thank you.

eliobol97

Dec 22, 2023
Hi! congrats on the approval :)
Did they give you a time limit for when you have to send the passport, and a deadline by which the applicant has to fly to Canada once their application is approved?
Sorry for the late response, yes, they gave us 30 days to send the passport to VFS (the company that accept the passport and take it to the Canadian Embassy)

qmzbikes

Jan 8, 2024
If my anchor is in a hollidays travel, do I have to notify it? Should I send a letter? What do you suggest me?

Hdanielp

Star Member
Jan 9, 2024
Application (submission) date: 2023-11-30
Date AOR received:
Date of biometrics:
Date of medical exam:
Application response: Approved/Denied
Passport(s) request date:
Passport(s) received date:

Hdanielp

Star Member
Jan 9, 2024
Good afternoon:

Could someone guide me on what happens if I already apply, but the AOR does not arrive and the program has already closed, what can I do? Will they verify my application? Thank you

Jfer

Jan 9, 2024
Good afternoon:

Could someone guide me on what happens if I already apply, but the AOR does not arrive and the program has already closed, what can I do? Will they verify my application? Thank you
Hi,

They closed the program on December 30 because there was no longer a spots available of the 11,000 spot they had opened for the PR. If You sent your application and you have the confirmation email that means that they received your application. The next step is to wait for them to process your application. In addition, if your application is complete you will receive the AOR or if it is not complete they will send you to complete it to process it.

Reactions: Hdanielp

Jeff2000

Dec 13, 2023
I applied for my brother and his wife at the same time. When I submitted the application, his wife did not have her passport wich I explained in a LOE. Yesterday, he received the AOR letter but his wife is not mentionned. By now, she received the passport. How can I fix that?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
What Type of application/enquiry should I choose for this program

Last edited:

Hdanielp

Star Member
Jan 9, 2024
Thanks for answer and time!!

Hi,

They closed the program on December 30 because there was no longer a spots available of the 11,000 spot they had opened for the PR. If You sent your application and you have the confirmation email that means that they received your application. The next step is to wait for them to process your application. In addition, if your application is complete you will receive the AOR or if it is not complete they will send you to complete it to process it.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
was anyone who applied from Haiti, able to get a police certificate from DCPJ?
Hi there, my husband submitted 2 applications for family in Haiti....without police clearance. We received AOR, sent for biometrics and medical, but now they are requesting police clearance. I sent a letter of explanation because obtaining this is nearly impossible. I'm very worried what will happen next.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
On December 28 my husband's father received instructions to go for medical exam within 30 days. He is Haitian but residing in Mexico City. He did the exam on January 5, and we paid the fees. A few minutes ago I just received an email with instructions AGAIN to go for medical exam within 30 days. There was a document this time which would cover the cost of the exam (Interim Federal Health Certificate of Eligibility). I'm assuming they sent it twice by error and I've sent them an email to get some clarification.

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
On December 28 my husband's father received instructions to go for medical exam within 30 days. He is Haitian but residing in Mexico City. He did the exam on January 5, and we paid the fees. A few minutes ago I just received an email with instructions AGAIN to go for medical exam within 30 days. There was a document this time which would cover the cost of the exam (Interim Federal Health Certificate of Eligibility). I'm assuming they sent it twice by error and I've sent them an email to get some clarification.
You get the Medical Exams e mail, and also the one with the Interim Federal Health Certificate, you were supposed to wait for both to arrive and then take the exams. Since this is a "no fees" program, the exams were to be covered. Maybe you can send a webform requesting a refund, if you wish...

frange

May 25, 2018
You get the Medical Exams e mail, and also the one with the Interim Federal Health Certificate, you were supposed to wait for both to arrive and then take the exams. Since this is a "no fees" program, the exams were to be covered. Maybe you can send a webform requesting a refund, if you wish...
You won't be reimbursed for the fees if you paid medical appointment out of your pockets.
Note that you did not pay fees to the medical cabinet; not to the government.
You can try; but Instructions regarding the medical insurance are clear about that.
I have the french version and you can use google translation:

Si vous payez pour des services couverts par le PFSI, vous ne pourrez pas être remboursé.

Is there a way to get urgently the haitian police certificate (DCPJ)?

Thank you.