+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family applied online for TRV, but only received one passport request

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Hi there,

My wife and I applied online together for the Canadian visitor visa, and today only I received the original passport request, and nothing for my wife.

Does anyone experience the same situation, and who can we ask for such problem? Someone told me that it is a technical problem, and I am worried that it means my wife's application has beed rejected.

We are living in Northern Europe and we should send our passports to London. I cannot find an email address or a telephone number which can be used to send them this problem.

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Try sending an email here.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

or call this number

+1 888-242-2100

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Many thanks for the link and the number, I will email them first and hopefully will get their reply soon.

By the way, do you know if this is normal? Is it a serious problem for my wife's application or she just need to wait for another few days to receive her passport request?

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
I do not want to make you worried but usually when a family applies together their passports are also requested together.
It may as well be a technical problem and her passport request will come soon, just try to wait for a little bit and be positive. :)

Btw isn't most country in northern Europe visa exempt? Or are you not a citizen there? (just curious, you don't have to answer that)

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
Try and wait a few more days. Your wife pp request will normally follow yours. That was what happened to us. Mine first then my wife's followed few days later. Meanwhile, did you submit the application together or separately?

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
No we are not citizen here, we are just working here and need a visa to enter Canada.

Many thanks for your advice.

marsiangal said:
I do not want to make you worried but usually when a family applies together their passports are also requested together.
It may as well be a technical problem and her passport request will come soon, just try to wait for a little bit and be positive. :)

Btw isn't northern Europe visa exempt? Or are you not a citizen there?

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Thanks for your reply.

We submitted our application together, and received two submission confirmations immediately after the submissions. That's why I assumed we should receive the passport request together.

By the way, did you and your wife submit the application together?

revival said:
Try and wait a few more days. Your wife pp request will normally follow yours. That was what happened to us. Mine first then my wife's followed few days later. Meanwhile, did you submit the application together or separately?

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
Yes we did. Nothing to be anxious over at all. Just wait till Monday, if you don't receive your wife PP request by then, send them an email.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Thanks, will update here if I receive anything from CIC.
revival said:
Yes we did. Nothing to be anxious over at all. Just wait till Monday, if you don't receive your wife PP request by then, send them an email.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Thanks, and I've sent an email to the address you mentioned in that post. The official website said that CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT@cic.gc.ca only answers question about application made in North America.

I then sent another same email to London-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and hope they will answer me soon.

Is there any other email address I can send my problem?

sarge_in said:
See other similar post with my info.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
I received the reply from CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT@cic.gc.ca saying that their office can confirm that my wife's application is in process as per regulatory procedures.

I don't know if they actually looked into my case or it is just a general reply, because their official website says this email only answers application made in North America, and I applied from Europe.

chriszhihan said:
Thanks, will update here if I receive anything from CIC.

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
chriszhihan said:
Have received passport request for my wife, thanks!
I mentioned it to you that you would receive it few days after yours.They normally treats family applications individually that is why pp request always come one after another.Happy for you.CONGRATS

Jul 17, 2013
chriszhihan said:
Have received passport request for my wife, thanks!
Hi chriszhihan,

Please could you advise when did you apply for visa. I did apply for the same visa on 26th June 2013 but haven't heard anything from CIC as of today :(

Thanks