+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed to submit passport within 30days

Rita2016

Nov 25, 2016
I got a problem: the request letter for passport was sent to me on June 8th for permanent residency purposes within 30days from that date by email. However, I only realized I had such email after calling the IRCC call center and checked my email box. It is laying in my spam box, which gmail would not remind you of that. Unfortunately, I didn't find it until I called the IRCC agent. And now it is Sept 11th, 3 months passed!!!

So under such situation, i failed to submit the passport within requested timeline, what I can do to fix it? what would be the consequence?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You should have explained agent about your situation and requested for passport resend. If your medicals is still valid, I think they will honor your request. Now you will need to call them again and request for exception.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I guess this is a genuine worry for many people. It's a surprise to me that something as important as a PPR doesn't reflect in your myCIC account.

Is the usual cut-off time for you to send your passport 30 days from the email? What are the main ways of checking your status, apart from the GCMS notes and calling? Which email address are people using to check on their file status?

Rita2016

Nov 25, 2016
what does your status show in your CiC profile?
In the column: additional documents, it says" we will need additional documents to continue processing, we will send your message for more details"

The final decision columns reads" we are processing,....."

I don't think the status will change till they receive the passport.

The medical test shows "pass". What's the valid period for medical test? Half a year or a year?

Rita2016

Nov 25, 2016
You should have explained agent about your situation and requested for passport resend. If your medicals is still valid, I think they will honor your request. Now you will need to call them again and request for exception.
Thank you! It's a good idea. I already called them who said they will resend another email for this request. Do you know how many days usually I can expect to receive it?

Reactions: daigreann

Rita2016

Nov 25, 2016
I guess this is a genuine worry for many people. It's a surprise to me that something as important as a PPR doesn't reflect in your myCIC account.

Is the usual cut-off time for you to send your passport 30 days from the email? What are the main ways of checking your status, apart from the GCMS notes and calling? Which email address are people using to check on their file status?
About this, from my lesson, I can tell you. They will not update your cic account until receiving this final document. Thhe only way for them to inform is by email from Ottawa. And it is a surprise because the email address is different from what you usually get from IRCC. No doubts my gmail recognize it as spasm

Reactions: Funkdakarma

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They do send PPR sometimes in the MYCIC. However, it is rare. Although. s/he shall get the PPR request with the new date soon.
You are also right that, the status on MYCIC changes only when they "approve" the application. Approved on MYCIC does not mean that the application is finalized, it simply means that they put the immigrant visa (counterfoil) in the passport and generated the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I got a problem: the request letter for passport was sent to me on June 8th for permanent residency purposes within 30days from that date by email. However, I only realized I had such email after calling the IRCC call center and checked my email box. It is laying in my spam box, which gmail would not remind you of that. Unfortunately, I didn't find it until I called the IRCC agent. And now it is Sept 11th, 3 months passed!!!

So under such situation, i failed to submit the passport within requested timeline, what I can do to fix it? what would be the consequence?
All you can do is to contact CPC Ottawa.

Rita2016

Nov 25, 2016
They do send PPR sometimes in the MYCIC. However, it is rare. Although. s/he shall get the PPR request with the new date soon.
You are also right that, the status on MYCIC changes only when they "approve" the application. Approved on MYCIC does not mean that the application is finalized, it simply means that they put the immigrant visa (counterfoil) in the passport and generated the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
Yes, you are right