+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Factors affecting LMO processing times

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know which factors affect the processing times of LMOs. Everyone knows that different provinces have different wait times but what else is there. I'm beginning to suspect that your NOC code and the size of the town/city may also be factors. It seems like IT workers are waiting the longest. Also, I just browsed some threads and one person stated that LMOs for jobs in small towns are processed faster than in big cities. Is this true? I'm suspecting that it's probably true. A month ago, one of my small town employers told me that he was rejected for an LMO. Based on my knowledge of exactly when he started advertising, it seems like it took exactly 8 weeks after first posting the advertisement. Did it only go through this quickly because they were planning to reject it, or do small town LMOs really get through faster? It's been 6 weeks since my employer re-applied. Should I expect to have this LMO within the next 2 weeks or will the wait time be longer now that the application is being done correctly?

Also, what other factors do you think affect LMO processing times?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
stopDA said:
Does anyone know which factors affect the processing times of LMOs. Everyone knows that different provinces have different wait times but what else is there. I'm beginning to suspect that your NOC code and the size of the town/city may also be factors. It seems like IT workers are waiting the longest. Also, I just browsed some threads and one person stated that LMOs for jobs in small towns are processed faster than in big cities. Is this true? I'm suspecting that it's probably true. A month ago, one of my small town employers told me that he was rejected for an LMO. Based on my knowledge of exactly when he started advertising, it seems like it took exactly 8 weeks after first posting the advertisement. Did it only go through this quickly because they were planning to reject it, or do small town LMOs really get through faster? It's been 6 weeks since my employer re-applied. Should I expect to have this LMO within the next 2 weeks or will the wait time be longer now that the application is being done correctly?

Also, what other factors do you think affect LMO processing times?
I think it differs from different provinces...they said it takes 8 weeks but because of the backlog and the changes of Program Requirements, the processing takes ages these days. My former employer was denied three times and its scary since they will refuse your TFW extension if there's no lmo... In my experience area that is small town and a bit far away from the city will get a higher chance of approval but if its in the city they will scrutinize the application since there are many Canadians that are available and many job-seeker...Goodluck!

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
The funny thing is when you call Service Canada they will tell you it takes 8 weeks! BTW they told me on the phone that processing time everywhere is the same !! Apparently they are not doing any statistics these days

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
I think it differs from different provinces...they said it takes 8 weeks but because of the backlog and the changes of Program Requirements, the processing takes ages these days. My former employer was denied three times and its scary since they will refuse your TFW extension if there's no lmo... In my experience area that is small town and a bit far away from the city will get a higher chance of approval but if its in the city they will scrutinize the application since there are many Canadians that are available and many job-seeker...Goodluck!
I really hope that this means that I'll have my LMO really soon. My job is in an extremely remote small town and by small, I mean really small with barely 1000 people. I hope that you're implying that Service Canada immediately looks up the size and location of the town and then fast-tracks the application if it's extremely small and remote.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
stopDA said:
I really hope that this means that I'll have my LMO really soon. My job is in an extremely remote small town and by small, I mean really small with barely 1000 people. I hope that you're implying that Service Canada immediately looks up the size and location of the town and then fast-tracks the application if it's extremely small and remote.
You might have a good chance of approval but then again I hope your employer follow the Program Requirements since they changed it last year ( June and December 2013)...It's all messed up! My employer got denied 3 times...If there are not many people in the area where you have the job offer, then there are not a lot of Applicants. But make sure your employer follow the guidelines for application a new LMO since they are very strict. This is based on my experience...

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
You might have a good chance of approval but then again I hope your employer follow the Program Requirements since they changed it last year ( June and December 2013)...It's all messed up! My employer got denied 3 times...If there are not many people in the area where you have the job offer, then there are not a lot of Applicants. But make sure your employer follow the guidelines for application a new LMO since they are very strict. This is based on my experience...
That's precisely why it got rejected a few weeks ago. He was unaware of the new rules but now he's doing the application correctly. I'm concerned about the processing time just as much as the outcome. I'm just growing weary of waiting so long.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MMCanada2014 said:
The funny thing is when you call Service Canada they will tell you it takes 8 weeks! BTW they told me on the phone that processing time everywhere is the same !! Apparently they are not doing any statistics these days
Yes, I've called them a lot in the past and they kept on telling me 6 - 8 weeks. The first time I called, it was 6 weeks, then a few months later it's 7 and now it's 8. It's ironic that I waited exactly 8 weeks before getting a rejection for this one. Their reasoning behind the 8 weeks that they quote when you call is because it's the average processing times in Canada. At least that's what they told me when I asked them. Some people take more time and some take less time. I've actually seen some people on this forum who have gotten theirs in under 8 weeks, so maybe that statistic is true. I wonder which jobs get fast-tracked nowadays instead of having to wait 12 -30 weeks.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
Does this necessarily mean that small town LMOs take significantly less time than other LMOs. I'm really getting tired of waiting.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
stopDA said:
Does this necessarily mean that small town LMOs take significantly less time than other LMOs. I'm really getting tired of waiting.
Hi,

What I meant is the time frame for processing LMO in the big city compare to the small city is the same.The only difference is you will have the higher chance of approval rate if it's a small town and a bit far away from the city.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi,

What I meant is the time frame for processing LMO in the big city compare to the small city is the same.The only difference is you will have the higher chance of approval rate if it's a small town and a bit far away from the city.
Thanks for answering. Well, I guess it sucks that I have to wait another 9-10 weeks, assuming that processing times are 12 - 13 weeks at the moment. I'm feeling a bit confident since this is a re-application (meaning fewer mistakes this time) and because the job is in an extremely small town that's far away from any big cities or sizable towns. The nearest big city is more than 2 hours away and the nearest small city or big town is 45 minutes away. I guess I don't have to worry too much about it being rejected again, but I'll just have to bear with the long wait ahead.