+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

F1 student in USA

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Hi everyone, I am on F1 student visa in USA and completing my master's degree. I have around 6 credit hours left and I am working full-time on CPT right now.

Though I am a student, do I need to show in my application that I am working? also do i need to submit my master's degree unofficial transcript where we upload our degree and transcript while submitting e-APR?

I still need to spend around 6000 USD in fee to complete my degree, that I can do with my salary. Will this be a problem? Will visa officer question my ability to finance myself If I have a liability of 6000 USD?

if I maintain a minimum funds of (10,000 USD) in my account to prove sufficient funds is that enough?What if my account balance goes down below 10,000 USD for a while during my application is in the process? Can my application be rejected due to this reason?

what should be my best strategy to go around this situation? How do I write explanation letters and what additional documents I need to provide? has anybody on this forum been through same situation? any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hey noticed this was posted a while ago, so perhaps you’ve found your answers elsewhere. To your questions:
They state all internships should not be included in work ex. CPT (I’m on it as well) is considered a integral part of the course. To be on the safe side, mention your job and the work. In the letter of explanation mention that you are in an executive format education with full time work.

Yes, include your transcript (no need to get it evaluated, I’m assuming this is your second masters).

No questions will be raised as to paying fees with work money.

For the balance, I suggest getting a letter from the bank that shows 3 month or 6 month bal eel above 12k. Just to not raise suspicion. Balance fluctuations are normal, no one keeps a constant check. But know that you may be asked to provide additional proof at any time so it’s cant sink “too” low.

I am on cpt (hopefully last semester) and my passport has currently been submitted for stamping. The goal is to be as straightforward and honest as you can be. They have a set template and a lot of applicants do not fit into that. So use the LOE to your advantage to clarify your situation. If they feel that you are dishonest, you may be barred from entering. If you mention it in the LOE they will simply ask for more clarification if necessary.

Good decision to leave the cpt/h1 struggle behind.