+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

F1 student in USA applying outland Spousal visa- Will my TRV stay valid

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi all,

I am f1 student in USA from last 2 years and completing my degree by the end of this year (2018). I got married with a Canadian citizen this month and thinking about applying outland spousal Visa. My wife (Canadian Citizen) will sponsor me of course.

But I am little confused that will I be able to visit her as a visitor until decision is made on my Outland PR application. I have a valid TRV which I obtained from USA and is currently valid until 2021. I have been to Canada twice in past for only 4-5 days in each trip.

I fear that they might refuse my entry as TRV considering that my PR application is in process and I have intent to stay in Canada permanently; whereas, I have no intent to stay in Canada until my degree is completed by the end of this year in USA. and that is the reason I prefer to apply outland instead of inland.

Please advise that what is good option for me between inland and outland. Besides, If I apply outland than will my try will stay valid and will I be able to visit my wife using that TRV visa until decision is made on my spousal PR application?

I would be great full for kind, prompt and positive responses. thank you in advance!

regards,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I am f1 student in USA from last 2 years and completing my degree by the end of this year (2018). I got married with a Canadian citizen this month and thinking about applying outland spousal Visa. My wife (Canadian Citizen) will sponsor me of course.

But I am little confused that will I be able to visit her as a visitor until decision is made on my Outland PR application. I have a valid TRV which I obtained from USA and is currently valid until 2021. I have been to Canada twice in past for only 4-5 days in each trip.

I fear that they might refuse my entry as TRV considering that my PR application is in process and I have intent to stay in Canada permanently; whereas, I have no intent to stay in Canada until my degree is completed by the end of this year in USA. and that is the reason I prefer to apply outland instead of inland.

Please advise that what is good option for me between inland and outland. Besides, If I apply outland than will my try will stay valid and will I be able to visit my wife using that TRV visa until decision is made on my spousal PR application?

I would be great full for kind, prompt and positive responses. thank you in advance!

regards,
Hi

Your TRV will remain valid and you can visit your wife during the sponsorship process.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Under my circumstances, what suites me better? outland application process or inland?

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
This is uncannily similar to my case lol! By the way, I visited my wife last month. Told the cbsa i was there to see my wife. No issues. The officer was very friendly and convivial.

Filed outland (at the end of my visit) because I need to finish my degree.

R

rish888

Hi all,

regards,
Canada allows dual intent. What this means is that you can you can visit in a temporary capacity despite having a pending immigration application as long as the officer is satisfied that you'll go back when you're supposed to.

Since you show compliance in the past and have ties to the US (your university) entering shouldn't be an issue.