+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extra Ordinary delay in Super Visa Processing

Citizen_2010

May 15, 2016
Hi,

I am working in Canada and applied for my parent's super visa in Pakistan, 8 months back (my earning is above minimum earning applicable for my case). Considering 46 days is average processing time, i sent a request to CIC for status in February with no reply. Then sent request to Program manager in March and again they replied that they are working on the case and will inform when there is an update. Lately i requested case status through local MP and they replied that supporting documents submitted with the case are complete and they will inform once there is an update.

I am surprised that after such a long time, there is no update neither they are giving any timeline for the outcome. Will appreciate ideas from other group members on how to expedite the case.

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

It could be that the visa office is running is some background checks/needs information from third party sources.... and this could take time.

I helped someone from Pakistan recently.... TRVs though.... which took much longer than expected because his parent had spent considerable time outside Pakistan earlier.... and hence, CIC needed additional information. His parents got their TRVs finally.

Or a quite recent super visa case from Bangladesh which took about 6 months to process..... no idea what caused the delay

Hope your parents gets the super visa soon :)

MR777

Dec 5, 2014
Hello

I have also applied for a supervisa for my mother who is in Pakistan. The application was submitted online in March-2016 and her medical got cleared in Jun but after that we have heard nothing it has almost been 5 months now since we applied. I was under the impression that clearing medical is the final step after which usually CIC asks for the passport but we have received no such request from them.

Citizen_2010 Please let me know if your mother's visa has come. I am getting very concerned with the timelines. thanks

apoorv jain

Jan 26, 2016
Hi,

I am working in Canada and applied for my parent's super visa in Pakistan, 8 months back (my earning is above minimum earning applicable for my case). Considering 46 days is average processing time, i sent a request to CIC for status in February with no reply. Then sent request to Program manager in March and again they replied that they are working on the case and will inform when there is an update. Lately i requested case status through local MP and they replied that supporting documents submitted with the case are complete and they will inform once there is an update.

I am surprised that after such a long time, there is no update neither they are giving any timeline for the outcome. Will appreciate ideas from other group members on how to expedite the case.

Thanks in advance.
Hello, Could you please share how many months did it take for you to get the super visa for your parents. I have applied on 20 January 2017, and its been over 4 months and have not got any update or there has been any change in the online status . Any suggestions are welcome :)

apoorv jain

Jan 26, 2016
Hello

I have also applied for a supervisa for my mother who is in Pakistan. The application was submitted online in March-2016 and her medical got cleared in Jun but after that we have heard nothing it has almost been 5 months now since we applied. I was under the impression that clearing medical is the final step after which usually CIC asks for the passport but we have received no such request from them.

Citizen_2010 Please let me know if your mother's visa has come. I am getting very concerned with the timelines. thanks
Hello, Could you please share how many months did it take for you to get the super visa for your parents. I have applied on 20 January 2017, and its been over 4 months and have not got any update or there has been any change in the online status . Any suggestions are welcome :)

saroop18

Jan 6, 2015
Hi I applied on 21 aug 2017 for my mother's supervisa and now its more than 5 months and havent got any response yet. Medical were successfully done. I applied online and the file status shows in process till date.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi I applied on 21 aug 2017 for my mother's supervisa and now its more than 5 months and havent got any response yet. Medical were successfully done. I applied online and the file status shows in process till date.
Did you mother work in any government department, police, defense services?

When did you send the web form/CSE and email?