+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension to Stay in Canada: Parent Super Visa VS Regular Visitor Visa

vaanelaa

Apr 14, 2016
Good Morning Everyone!
Here is my situation (I am a Canadian PR):
My dad, step mom and step sister (1 year old) are all visiting from the USA (They are all US Citizens). Their 6 months does not expire until September - just wondering what would be the best course of action on extending their stay in Canada.
Would I be able to complete a Parent Super Visa to sponsor my dad? However, I did read that his dependants would not be able to be included on the application.
Or should they apply for a regular Visitor Visa Extension? With that in mind, if we did apply for a regular visitor visa would my dad, step mom and step sister all need to complete an application? So, 3 applications total to extend their stay?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
vaanelaa

MadInHalifax

Mar 1, 2016
Apply for visa extension

3 separate application 100 dollar each
for super visa your dad will have to go for medical test and super visa insurance. It will be expensive

vaanelaa said:
Good Morning Everyone!
Here is my situation (I am a Canadian PR):
My dad, step mom and step sister (1 year old) are all visiting from the USA (They are all US Citizens). Their 6 months does not expire until September - just wondering what would be the best course of action on extending their stay in Canada.
Would I be able to complete a Parent Super Visa to sponsor my dad? However, I did read that his dependants would not be able to be included on the application.
Or should they apply for a regular Visitor Visa Extension? With that in mind, if we did apply for a regular visitor visa would my dad, step mom and step sister all need to complete an application? So, 3 applications total to extend their stay?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
vaanelaa