+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension on RQ date

akhil

Jul 15, 2011
All,

My wife got RQ and seems like 45 days may not be sufficient to get travel history report and health records.
Is there a way to get extension beyond 45 days?

Appreciate your assistance!
Thanks
Akhil

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
No extension will be provided by CIC however you can make a cover letter point out the documents to follow on a later date,try to submit the maximum along with your RQ, usually PCH and CBSA traveler history will be in mail with you within 3-4 weeks. Talking from my personal experience. And in a RQ these two pieces of information are very important. If you will delay submitting your RQ, your appliation will be considered as abandoned and the file will be closed.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I remember from CIC ATIP released documents, there's a grace period of 10 days on top of 45 days after which a 2nd attempt to send RQ form will be made. If 2nd RQ is unanswered, case will be consequently closed.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
EasyRider said:
As far as I remember from CIC ATIP released documents, there's a grace period of 10 days on top of 45 days after which a 2nd attempt to send RQ form will be made. If 2nd RQ is unanswered, case will be consequently closed.
Well on top of RQ forms its clearly stated 45 days. There is nothing indicating towards any sort of grace period.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
Well on top of RQ forms its clearly stated 45 days.
RQ form states 45 business days. Operation Bulletin 476 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob476.asp states "Applicants are given 45 business days to provide the completed RQ and supporting documents."

As others have said, send what you have before the 45 business day deadline. Send the rest as soon as you can with a cover letter that lists your file number and client identification number.

Good luck.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
eileenf said:
RQ form states 45 business days. Operation Bulletin 476 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob476.asp states "Applicants are given 45 business days to provide the completed RQ and supporting documents."

As others have said, send what you have before the 45 business day deadline. Send the rest as soon as you can with a cover letter that lists your file number and client identification number.

Good luck.
Thanks for providing a useful link as some people do misguide others and put them through more misery on top of this agonizing RQ