+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of the work permit

rajesh789

Feb 18, 2016
Hi All,

Can any one help me to extend my work permit?

My current situation: I studied masters in canada and holding 3yrs work permit. I applied for pr and it is still in processing. My PNP also expired(i think pnp only valid for 6months).The work permit is going to expire in april2016. my pnp is restricted to my current employer. therefore i called to CIC to gather information how to extend my work permit. the CIC provided me below information.

1)Letter from the provincial government (with a certificate number) confirming that you were nominated for permanent residence by the province,
2)Job offer from an employer based in that province, and
3)Statement from the province that it has determined that all factors required for the issuance of a work permit as per its agreement with Canada have been met, and identifying the occupation and employer information.

I am unsure about point 2 and 3?
can i extend my work permit even though my pnp expired?

alexsa75

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
??-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
IELTS Request
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2016 upfront
Passport Req..
23-02-2027
LANDED..........
Inland, reland for PR 07-03-2017
rajesh789 said:
Hi All,

My current situation: I studied masters in canada and holding 3yrs work permit. I applied for pr and it is still in processing. My PNP also expired(i think pnp only valid for 6months).The work permit is going to expire in april2016. my pnp is restricted to my current employer. therefore i called to CIC to gather information how to extend my work permit. the CIC provided me below information.

1)Letter from the provincial government (with a certificate number) confirming that you were nominated for permanent residence by the province,
3)Statement from the province that it has determined that all factors required for the issuance of a work permit as per its agreement with Canada have been met, and identifying the occupation and employer information.

1) if you got AOR file number don't worry about date pnp certificate
2) if you wait AOR and pnp expired, you can ask province update certificate for next 6 months

rajesh789

Feb 18, 2016
Hi Alex,

Thanks for replying what is mean my AOR file number?(is it same number cic gave me after 3 months of my application submitted?)

Thank you

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajesh789 said:
Hi All,

Hello, what did you include for the item 3? I don't know what it is referring.

Thanks.

maninder.gta

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
rajesh789 said:
Hi Alex,

Thanks for replying what is mean my AOR file number?(is it same number cic gave me after 3 months of my application submitted?)

Thank you
Yes it is the AOR File number