+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of temporary resident visa

drgopoos

Jul 9, 2008
Hi,
I am on a work permit and its valid for another year. But my visa( temporary resident visa) is only valid for next 3 weeks. Where should i apply for extension.
Is it at vegreville, AB or in Buffalo. can i sent my application by post.
I tried the website but could not get the correct answers.....
Thanks for any answers...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

drgopoos said:
Hi,
I am on a work permit and its valid for another year. But my visa( temporary resident visa) is only valid for next 3 weeks. Where should i apply for extension.
Is it at vegreville, AB or in Buffalo. can i sent my application by post.
I tried the website but could not get the correct answers.....
Thanks for any answers...
Buffalo, or one of the other US office, http://tinyurl.com/36jgns

PMM

drgopoos

Jul 9, 2008
Thank you so much. I was so confused about alberta. So i am going to sent my application to Buffalo via canada post

Gopu

drgopoos

Jul 9, 2008
Oh just one more doubt.They have asked me to pay a money order. Does the canada post money order suffice

thanks once again

carol25

Jul 9, 2008
Re: how my canadian boyfriend give me visa even im not still legally separated

Hello.
Im 25 years female then im separated almost 3 years married but starting we got it we are not live as a family thats why im live without husband! thats why us of now we talk that we get annul but not yet process it coz we dont see each other .
thats why i want to advise me how to i come to my canadian boyfriend and how he can give me even a visitor visa only!
then if we fine we got married to him hope you advise me i want to be with him and we will be happy with him....
god bless us pls help me make ma trouble always on how to make it.....

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
carol25 - if I understand you correct you are still legally married to your husband, but don't live with him, and now you want to move to Canada to be with your boyfriend. You must first legally divorce your husband, then get married to your boyfriend. Once married to your (new) husband he can sponsor you. You can still apply for a visitor visa without getting a divorce, however, since your clear intention is to overstay your temporary visa to be with your new boyfriend, chances are your application will be rejected.

carol25

Jul 9, 2008
Re: tnx for the replying so i cna have some ideas on how i can process it

Good day,
Ok since i read your reply im glad coz you make time to reply my advises i have too... ok i want to know if im still process my divorce to my ex husband it is ok that i can visit to my canadian boyfriend? how long to stay us a visitor at the canada?
Since im starting to process it we talk that i can visit him first so we can know each other too...
Then what type of visit visa he give it to me coz im still using the last name of my ex husband? pls advise me more
GOD BLESS US ALWAYS THANKS........

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Hi, you shouldn't have to divorce to apply for visitors visa, but you must be legally divorced to marry a new man and have you new spouse apply for PR. Now, you should visit www.cic.gc.ca and read about the visitor visa application process, what documents they require and what to do if you are in the process of changing your name. I am sure the information on the cic site will answer most of your questions.