+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Super visa

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my understanding a super visa is valid for visits for up to two years per visit. There are no extensions with a super visa. I am a bit confused why someone would require an extension for a super visa, extensions apply to a regular visitors visa which is valid for up to six month.

Secondly the visa office that deals with super visa's is in Calgary, so why would a visa officer stamp a passport for two years and then have another remove it. This does not make sense a super visa can be stamped for up to two years per visit.

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
hi All

My Mom Got Super Visa in 2012 for upto her passports validity which was 2 years.
she came in canada last year and left after 4 months . now she is coming again in March 2014 and her visa is expiring in MAY 2014,
Can we extend super visa within canada during her stay.?
thanks in advance

AUTO102

May 19, 2015
Gary Goldshmidt said:
You can apply for a new super visa within Canada. A super visa cannot be issued beyond the passport expiry date.
that is not ture. You can not apply for NEW SUPER VISA from within Canada. You can only apply it from your country of permanent residence. Yes, you can apply for extension close to 30 days by submitting application online. And the officer may stamp 2 years from date of entry in Canada.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have clients that have applied for a super visa within Canada. I believe the application was submitted to the Hagersville office in Alberta. Unless something has changed that I am not aware off you can apply within Canada.

AUTO102

May 19, 2015
Gary Goldshmidt said:
I have clients that have applied for a super visa within Canada. I believe the application was submitted to the Hagersville office in Alberta. Unless something has changed that I am not aware off you can apply within Canada.
There is no "in Canada" application process for Super Visa. The application has to be sent to the Visa Office in Applicant's Home Country. However, you can apply for extension by sending application to Vegreville, AB. Parents on regular visitor visa (which typically allows 6 months) can also get extension for up to 2 years by providing all the documents necessary for Supervisa.

While on extension if a parent decide to leave Canada, they can not enter back without a valid TRV (which is attached to your passport) - and only way to get a new TRV is to apply for Supervisa in Home Country.

I hope this helps.

Bluebirdy

May 22, 2015
Hello everyone!
Just wondering.....how do they know where (which country) you are applying from if you are applying everything "online". One can always ask their family members back home to send you all the documents, photos etc to you in Canada by "good scanned email" or worse by courier? And then rest everything online as you upload everything online? So, how do they actually know unless they check your computer IP address which I highly doubt!
Thanks!

Ajay Kafle

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Gary Goldshmidt said:
From my understanding a super visa is valid for visits for up to two years per visit. There are no extensions with a super visa. I am a bit confused why someone would require an extension for a super visa, extensions apply to a regular visitors visa which is valid for up to six month.

Secondly the visa office that deals with super visa's is in Calgary, so why would a visa officer stamp a passport for two years and then have another remove it. This does not make sense a super visa can be stamped for up to two years per visit.
Hello Garry, i have a question may b u can help me ??? my parents have a super visa until 2020, they already have been in Canada in 2013 now they want to come to visit again, my question is do they need a return ticket or they can buy 1 way ticket, do they need to go through another medical examination and last question is do they need to buy another medical insurance ??? thanks in advance

mpirani

Sep 4, 2012
Hi

Can anybody help me with my scenario. My parents got supervisa two years back with initial validity of 2 years which matched their passports' validity. They travelled to Canada and got 1 year entry, which upon expiry, was extended for another year.

Now, they have new passports with 10 years validity. We have again applied for extension of their entry (outcome is not yet known) but much confused about the visa. As visa is about to expire, whats the process to extend Super Visa? Someone told that we have to go through full process again and reapply for super visa for them. Is this correct? If not, how can we extend their visa as without valid visa, they remain confined in Canada.

Looking for your input.

MP

amilayajr

Aug 29, 2015
Hi there,
Would you be able to give me an idea on how to proceed with options that I have?
I have my mother applied for super parent visa to Canada. She recently got approved and have here visa. The only issue is, while we were applying I ended up sending her old passport expiring in one year. In the process she was renewing her passport. We suddenly got the 30 day notice to provide the passport otherwise her online application will be declined. We tried our hardest to get the passport renewed on time. We even contacted CIC and let them know of our situation but we never receive a response. Now, on September 2015. Passport office in Manila Philippines will finally issue her new passport which will invalidate her old passport. The problem is, her visitor is stamped on the old passport. What do you think should we do. Thank you for your help.

royston

Apr 27, 2014
Hi,

My parents have entered Canada on a visitor visa (6 months validity).

Can I apply for a 1 year extension while they are in Canada (supervisa) or I have to apply for a regular visitor extension (6 months)

Thanks

saqi4you

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
ismailkevin said:
hi guys, my seniors went back to home country after 2yrs of stay on super visa. now they wanted to come back. do they have to go with all paper submissions again from zero or they just need to submit their new passports to get new super visa stamp. what will be the duration of next visa stamp again 2yrs or it could be till the passport expiry?
thanks for your prompt feedback
Hi
i have same issue my parents got super visa in 2015 for 2 years because passport was expiring in to 2 year (March 2017) and they land in march 2015 and CBSA stump 2 years entry. after 2 year we have to apply new application or just need to submit their new passports to get new super visa stamp

plz reply us Thanks

Leona142

Apr 22, 2017
Hello everyone.. I need to know someone very important. My mom got super visa which was issued on 31/01/2013 and expires 13/07/2017. She came to canada in 2013 & left after 4 months. Now she wants to come to visit us again in May 2017. So now my question is will it be a problem if she comes to visit us here in Canada from Bangladesh in May and return in September though her visa will expire by then. Aftet she enter to canada is it possible to apply visa extensions? What other papers she needs with her to travel? Does she need insurance ? Please let me know the details..thanks in advance